Flushing questions help appreciated

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by zooted2000, Aug 10, 2011.

1. When you flush plants how much water is needed to to be considered properly flushed. And how much would you water each watering. And last should you flush a plant before switching to 12/12?

2. The point of flushing a plant during flowering is to clean out all the leftover nutrients that could hinder taste and quality of the bud.

You should flush with 6.0-6.5 ph water for at least 2 weeks before harvest.

To know how much water to give your plant, it depends on the size of the plant and the amount of soil the plant is in.

For example if you had a 5 gallon bucket and a 2-3 foot plant..1 gallon of water is not going to get the whole 5 gallon bucket of soil wet. Therefore you might need to add 2 gallons of water.

On the other hand you obviously wouldn't give 2 gallons to a 1 foot plant that was in 2 gallons of soil, that would cause over watering.

The best way to approach this in my opinion is to get a bottom tray to put under the plant and fill the tray up with water and then wait a day or two to see how much water it has soaked up. I would just make sure the bottom tray always has water in it for the last two weeks. (I flush the last 3 1/2 weeks because I want to be sure I am smoking straight bud and no nutes).

I also add Humbodlt gravity bomb the last 4 weeks of flushing.. all the way up to harvest. You can use this product during flushing and it is suppose to make buds thicker.

Flushing a plant before 12/12 is really up to you. I flush for a week before 12/12 just because i want to get the veg nutes all out before i start adding flowering nutes. I think this is a personal choice, because on my first grow I didn't flush at all between veg and flowering and everything ended up fine.

Hope this helps somewhat, and happy growing!