Flushing Question regarding water.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by chillmode, Sep 13, 2008.

1. So I'm about 2 weeks from harvesting and I had a question regarding flushing the plants.

When flushing the plants, does the water have to be Ph'ed or can i just flush it using the water from the waterhose.

I know for a fact that I'm due for the flushing and I didn't want to purchase any Flush additives unless i REALLY needed it.

Can anyone share some knowledge with me?

:wave:

2. ive had the same question, in my opinion, you shouldnt have to worry about locking out any nutrients with an odd ph because you dont want any more nutrients entering the plant. Ive even entertained the idea of changing the ph purposely during the flush to positively stop nutrient uptake. Anyone else have an opinion on this???

3. Use distilled or RO water for flushing... Water from the hose will have impurities in it that may or may not affect taste, depends on what's in your water... If you do take that route, make sure the water sits out for 2 days so the chlorine evaporates.

As for Ph, generally since your only doing this for the last week in hydro, it doesn't really affect it. I don't grow in soil, but I imagine since you flush for longer, it could negatively affect the plants, but again, for soil, I have no idea.