Flushing/Overwatering..??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jpjp, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Wheres the line separating the two. or is there a step or detail im missing..? Im in soil, and i don't wanna overwater.

TIA GC!!

2. You can't over water, just have good drainage and don't get root rot.

3. Sorry but you can over water. When I water I just wait until a very small amout of run off comes out of the bottom of the pot, flushing is to clear build ups in the soil and remove nutes before the chop. When I flush they get gallons and gallons of water poured through the soil and stay wet/moist for maybe a week or so instead of around 2 days.

Good luck

4. I misunderstood the term, over-watering.

Growing cannabis is so fucking easy, you don't need all this stuff they sell to grow it. Just seed, water, soil and CFL/MH for veg and HPS for flowering. The plant tells you what it needs after that.

5. Dude you give the worse advice, what about pH metre and other test equipment?

Growing MJ is easy but growing the best dank that you can find takes a little more worrk but is worth the extra effort.

Peace

6. You can grow great quality without all that stuff, that was not all i have to say about it but if you want to think that, alright?. Anyway you can easily control pH. I'm just saying it's easy, maybe my understanding of easy is not shared with yours.:smoking:

7. How can you control things if you don't know what the problem is? I aint getting into this dude, Im just a goofy stoner and it even my thread but please do not tell people to run without test equipment or other items that make the game perfect.

Peace dudes, sorry to OP kinda wandered away from your watering question here

8. okay, so the only info i got outta this fight was, water the shit out of, and it'll be wet for like 2 weeks. isn't that overwatering. i didn't want the droopy leaves. im 3 weeks into flowering, wanted to flush the old nutes out.

9. 2 to 3 weeks feed it just water.

What I'm saying is it doesn't matter, you can go 5 weeks with just water :)

but that's just my opinion and experience talking.

10. You take care of it with the soil and water you gave and feed the plant.

Also speaking from experience you can tell by just looking at the plant.

there's no argument here that i see.

11. Listen to Usual... You can overwater your plants when trying to flush.... If you have proper drainage your less likely to overwater.

IMO easiest way to flush is to use 3:1 water to bucket size ratio. "for ex: if you have a 1 gallon pot, use 3 gallons of pH balanced water. After you flush----put a fan on your plant directed towards the soil/base of the plant to dry it out a little bit.

TBH growing MJ is easy... Growing coffee shop quality dank cola's isn't as easy.
    -hope that helps.
    moe.

12. Actually you should listen to everybody, but don't assume them to be right.

If you want to know exactly what you do i would watch Jorge Cervantes ultimate grow.

13. The rule of thumb i have learned on watering is either by weight of your pots....(Heavy when wet Light when dried) Or by sticking your finger in the dirt about to your first knuckle and if its dry water if its Moist (Not wet) wait another day.
    Hope this helps more than the fighting LOL

14. dude if you need to flush the plants just do it don't worry about droopy leaves it means nothing. i would rather have them droopy then not there at all. sometimes (depending of plant and pot size) you wont even get droop. over watering is when you disregard the moister level in your soil and water every day anyway. bottom line do what you gotta do. and try to disregard people who reply to your threads with info that is contradicting the majority's opinion and that only have a dozen posts and no rep points. hope this helped bro

15. ^ wouldn't listen him, droopy leaves aren't good.

I've already said proper drainage is key... before 2 people did after me.

Grasshumper were u talking about me? did somebody forget to take their meds? :)

16. No offense mate but I'm a Noobcake and I can still tell that this is BS.......As people have said MJ is a easy plant to grow, or should I say keep alive lol. What separates outstanding grows from average ones is ALOT of variables. If your spending money, time and taking risks why not put extra effort in for higher yield/quality, to me thats a no brainer.

17. Honestly i'm done on the subject, you believe that you need to put TLC into growing and i know you don't always, like outdoor, it's easy and BETTER than indoor. In my opinion, which doesn't matter.

TLC is fun you god damn budtenders :smoking:

but yeah seed, soil, water, sun. that's simple.