flushing out

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by willieb1989, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Ok every where says 10 days before harvest flush out the plants. What exactly does that mean?

And what should the ph level of the water be? and does distilled water work just as good??

thanks so much

2. Tap water is fine. Hydro ph: 5.5-6 and most people flush for a week or less Soil: 6.5. and most people flush for 2 weeks or less.

I personally have never flushed more than 5 days (hydro). Havent flushed either. Didnt really notice a difference. Curing/Patience is the important thing in the harvest phase imo.

3. ok does that mean i just put alot of water in the pot and let it drain out or what?? and is it the same for soil plants?

4. For soil, you monitor the runoff but yeah most people just use plain water instead of any type of fert for the last 1-2 weeks in soil

5. ok thanks so much. thats all i needed greatly appreciated. I just put my germenated seed into the soil this morning. so excited to see progress.

6. one other thing when is the best time to transplant the plant from the small pot to the bigger pot??