flushing out the nutes...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hesthedaddy, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Hey GC im getting ready for putting my baby into the 12-12 cycle for flowering and my question is.... How long would you recommend I should stop feeding her to flush all the nutes out. (incase it makes any difference, I have been using MG all purpose soluble plant food)

2. Please get real nutes next time. Miracle Grow is crap.

As to your question, despite what some will tell you 3-5 days is plenty. Add a tbsp. of unsulphured blackstrap molasses to the water and nothing else.

3. #3 hesthedaddy, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Oh yeah since starting GC ive learnt that I made a mistake with mg. But thought I might as well finish this plant as it was started. Have you ever used worm castings? I have been told they are great?

4. Yes they are a good component of a balanced set of nutrition if you are going organic.

5. Yeah man I think organic would probably be best. Sorry if I sound too stupid, I am a novice and my current plant is my first grow.

6. Nothing stupid about it at all. Questions are good.

7. To truly flush in soil you don't need to do it over days and days, in fact that won't be as effective as doing it all at once. Run 3x your pot's volume of water through the soil and you will cleanse it all out in a single flush.

8. I apologize for the noob question but will that hurt the plant in any way?

9. Good point. When I was doing soil grows I'd do that a few days before harvest though, to give the plant time to eat up residual nutes in its system.

10. It will help the plant, it cleanses out the soil. You will see the runoff coming out a blackish-brown and then eventually running close to clear.

Your soil will be super-saturated after, counts as a watering so don't water after the flush until the soil dries out a bit as always. The plant might look a little droopy a day or two after the flush but will spring back quickly and in better shape than before.