Flushing nutes necessary?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by majesticLion, Oct 23, 2019.

1. If I use fox farm trio which is organic is it necessary to flush before my plants finish?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Some people flush, some don't. It's your choice.

3. It’s not truly organic

4. Correct

5. Flushing is completely unnecessary regardless of grow method.
    The placebo effect makes flushers think they are accomplishing the scientifically impossible task of removing nutes from buds.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Disregard the above comment. Like I said, some do some don't.

7. According to Irrigation Management Strategies for Medical Cannabis in Controlled Environments
    "Flushing was found to be ineffective in removing any significant amount of nutrient from the bud."

Flushing is a bad practice based on flawed science.
    The great flushing experiment: An objective and in depth look at the final weeks
    Forget the Flush: Does Flushing Really Do Anything at All? – Grow Magazine

• Like Like x 3
  8. There is countless info on both opinions. Let him decide on his own rather than pressuring him with your opinions.

9. I'd appreciate some scientific info on the benefits of flushing.
    Testimonials don't count.
    They are no more persuasive here than they are in medicine, where they are usually discounted.

Answering a question does not constitute pressure.

10. Then go to all of the threads regarding flushing. You spoke your mind, now let it be.

11. Sorry you couldn't provide evidence.
    You spoke your mind, now let it be.

12. Sorry OP. Some people are closed minded.

13. from my experience, if you flush too long, it weakens the buds immunity and makes it more susceptible to mold.

14. I never saw the advantage of withholding food from a plant at the most important phase of its flowering life. Just my 2 cents.

• Like Like x 1
  15. In theory, flushing is a very optimal step to creating a clean flower. For some growers, they may know how to administer heavy nutes. Some growers may administer minimal nutes. If you are the type of grower that isn't heavy with the nutes, then the flushing process may not be necessary. I think it depends on how the drainage looks to the grower. If each watering, the runoff is dark, then the flushing is most likely necessary. If the run off is not dirty, I generally don't focus too much on the flushing. For me, I barely use a teaspoon of nutes every other feeding so I haven't been flushing. I water so that there is runoff.

• Like Like x 1
  16. You do realize flushing has been proven to do nothing but starve a plant right?

17. #17 Akinnamon94, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    I just use plain water for the last 2-3 waterings.

When people flush all of the nutrients out if their medium it's stupid. Flushing agents are stupid.

It's all old-school techniques that have been proven to be outdates

18. #18 killset, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Screenshot_20191023-191005_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20191023-191005_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Fox farms trio is not organic. 2 of the 3 bottles include synthetic salt based nutrients. Only some of their products ate organic. They explain it on their website.

19. Thanks for the info everyone. I think I’ll just not add nutes for the last week maybe two of my plants lives

20. Even the non-flushers among us probably reduce nutes near the end, because the plants need less then.