Flushing in the tub with tap?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by carnival, Dec 29, 2010.

1. My tap comes out at a ph of 8 and I was thinking of flushing in the tub and then at the end flush with a additional 15 galons of ph 6.5 water. I know why I need to flush, I used to much Aluminum Sulfate because of a crappy meter :mad: Anyways does this sound like a ok idea, my ph is like 5.8 after a 15 gallon flush and the ph goes right back down to like 5.2 or less, I gotta do something before I get further into flower. God Im stoned.

2. Others may disagree with valid reasons but thats how I do it. I flush in the tub with lots of water. Then I flush that with several gallons of water I leave out for 24 hours. So far its worked without any issues that I am aware of anyway.

3. It's fine, I do something similar as well. And smart thinking to come up with it on your own -- you're right, it would be a royal pain to have the full amount of water needed for the flushing available with chlorine evaporated and pH buffered.

How much total soil volume are you flushing? That 15 gallons of balanced water at the end should be at least 20% of your total soil volume. That's not some carved-in-stone rule of thumb, it's just the percentage that seems right to me, to ensure that you are pushing out most/all of the untreated tap water.

4. Everything is in 5 gallon Buckets and you can see pics if you follow my sig. I will probably even update pics tonight.