flushing every few weeks?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by roachit, Feb 3, 2008.

1. iv been told it is a good idea to flush your soil while in grow and bud stage every 3 weeks to remove salt buildup,as this is my first crop,id like some other opinions,is it a good idea or will i just stunt my plants,should i feed right after flushing with 3 gallons of water or should i wait till soil drys a little first?they are ready to be put into bud cycle but id like to know more about flushing before i feed them there first bud juice,any info would be greatly appreciated,

2. You flush to remove the salt buildup from synthetic fertilizers. That buildup depends on what kind of ferts, how much you use, what type of strain you're growing, what type of soil, et cetera. Anyone who told you that you need to do it at a specific interval is dumb... with their setup and their variables they need to do it every three weeks, your situation may be entirely different. Just flush when they're overfed, when you have pH issues, and two weeks before harvest.

3. thnx hashaman,i think i understand what u mean.i am using chemacal ferts in soil,with the ocassional misting with organic growth plus.plants look gr8,like the saying goes,(if it aint broke then dont fix it}ill just try not to over fertilize and rinse last 2 weeks.thnx again

4. There are three good times to flush:

1) When switching from veg stage to 12/12 lighting. This will re-set the soil's nute balance for flowering.

2) About two weeks before harvest (and then water only after this pre-harvest flush). Keeps the buds from being loaded with fert uptake when harvested.

3) Any time you have diagnosed a nute burn problem.

I don't think scheduled flushings at short intervals will be helpful, there shouldn't be that much built-up waste and salts and such in such a short period of time.

5. Best solution = use organic ferts = no salt build-ups and no flush required. Pot taste much sweeter. No fert burns - no marks on leaves = healthy plants = big yields = one happy camper (or two).