Flushing coco?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by trichome og, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Sorry fellow blades for this question, just couldn't seem to find a direct answer. I'm using hesi line. And I was wondering when u guys flush your last 10 days how much water so u use to flush. I seen something for soil growers that said 3x the volume of the pot. Wondering if same spoiled to coco.

Thanks for your time
    PS my first non organic run

2. you can get away with a 3 day flush with coco some go up to 6

3. Thanks, and that's enough flushing to get the chems out of the plant so I don't get that shitty taste

Tyvm for your time sage

4. I have done several coco grows now and I've never flushed. I use canna coco and nutes, and every watering have barely any run off.. every time I have had killer weed with no nute taste..

• Like Like x 1

5. its plenty of flushing in coco. the first flush drains most of the nutes out of the coco and creates a negative pressure (ions and stuff) and starts to pull out the nutes via reverse osmosis.

6. thats a shame you haven't tasted good weed yet. if you "done several grows and never flushed " how do you know the dif?

7. So sage how much water u use to flush? Per pot?. I'm using 3.5 g pots
    Thanks for your time

8. well in coco a flush is pretty much just a heavy watering with plain water it rinses easy.if sediment build up is thick and hard for water to penetrate till the top inch of coco with a fork before u water be gentle

9. lol dude all my bud has tasted great. Your right though I wouldn't know the difference, but I do know that I have had bud all over several states and the shit I grow has been the best bud I've ever smoked, and several peeps who have had my bud say the same thing.

My run goin right now is half way through flower. This time I'll flush and see if there is a difference, get back to ya

10. Grassman are u doing an organic grow? if so u don't need to flush.

11. I flush for 5 day before harvest but i flush with an organic resinator, i use bud mud but i find the organic stuff doesn't affect taste or burning, i water everytime with about 3O to 5O% runoff i know it is over kill but its piece of mind to me

12. I go through a good bit of runoff too... GH is pretty cheap so i don't feel bad about drain to waste @ 30 or more percent. Besides... introducing fresh nutes and oxygen can't be a bad thing, and you can't overwater with coco so i roll with it.

13. Yeah it dont hurt. I use gt coco witch is pretty cheap so it doesn't worry me. It does make life easyer to just water with heaps of runoff i find less dramas that way

14. I run all canna and I read on their site the line is for the majority organic.. but yeah honestly I've done several runs and my bud is always a+.. but yeah I don't care im up for experimenting so I'll flush this round and see if there is actually a difference.

Should i flush the last week?

15. You could do that just to see the difference and you may find one.

If not stick to what you want to do and don't let all those who will nay-say your ideas get in your way. If you have something that is working the way you want it regardless of what others will do and be semi-insulting about then keep at it.

If it is good tasting and quality why take extra steps that you don't need. If it tastes like shit I could see you experimenting to make it better though.

16. A proper cure is more important than a flush, IMO. Ive done both, and while it will affect the taste of fresh bud, by the time 4+ weeks in a jar hits, it wont really matter. A plant doesnt die immediately after you cut it, its still doing things while drying out. First few weeks of flower is the stretch (above and below the coco), then budsites start forming, at the end is when they fill in, why put your plant on a "diet" when theyre supposed to be fattening up. 2 or 3 days before harvest shouldnt make to much a difference in that aspect. Also chopping before lights on will help, it stores alot in the roots while recouping at "night".

17. A guy at my local hydro shop that has been there for years said that especially with chemical nutes a flush atleast 1.5 to 2 weeks is recommended then plain water after the flush for the final days.
    He said that coco has a great quality of holding and storing nutes until the roots/plant decide to uptake them and using the plain water in the final days the plant can still uptake nutes from the coco.

And especially with chemical nutes(i use the technaflora lineup) i just get bugged out of any slight nutes in my weed when i chop them so if i flush/plain water for a decent amount before chop gives me peace of mind.

18. the first flush drains most of the nutes out of the coco and creates a negative ionic pressure in the medium (ions and stuff) and starts to pull out the nutes via reverse osmosis.

if the ionic pressure in the medium is lower then the ionic pressure in the plant the plant can't hold on to the nutes and they start to leave the plant and go to the medium and then it gets rinsed out the next flush. nutes = postive ions which raise the ionic pressure in the medium. no nute = negative ion pressure. just like ro water no ec, water with nutes has an ec. ec = positive ionic pressure.

19. There's no affect on yield, because the plant uses its reserves in its fan leaves to finish. Honestly it all depends on your feed amounts and medium to say when you should flush. I use coco it flushes really easily, along with eight strength nutes... I say I need to flush a week at most, could prob get away with 3 days. I figure it will flush all the nutes out the first watering (not flush). Because im giving them just enuff nutes so that if I gave it plain ph'd water the leaves would start dyeing from a n def... just depends on your grow I figure...