Flushing before ready

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bdsnacks, Oct 3, 2019.

1. If you start a flush a week or two before you should've have does that cause a issue?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Short answer, no. There will be no issue. Just FYI, the plant likes to be fed right up to harvest, the theory behind flushing makes little to no sense if you consider how a plant uptakes its nutrients and minerals.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dont over feed and theres no reason to flush

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. golden advice

5. Only issue is if you are hydro or in coco otherwise flushing is no big deal. It all started with trying to get the nitrogen down or out and introduce other nutrients and then there was everyone those the nutrients were bad for you... blaa blaa 70 and 80s history today we have flowering nutrients and they are harmless to you but some do cause the smoke to be a little harsh.
    My motto keep it simple!! and don’t starve the plant, if your going to flush do it for a week or two then harvest

6. No, no issue

7. how would you perform after being starved for 1 or 2 weeks.....

8. They're in soil..but this response is idiotic if you know anything about plants

9. really? idiotic how?

why starve your plant? explain that idiotic theory to me please.

10. Well.........@Bdsnacks .....To LG's "defense"...........you cant really ask a question like you did......and then respond with what you did after someone replies.............jus sayin...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Cool

12. Plants won't die that easily is all I'm saying. You can put a plant through alot. Anyway I was asking cause I started a flush but I really want more ambers... ppm down to 550 wondered if I could feed it until it gets where I wanted and then redo flush. If anyone cares to answer appreciate it

13. You can feed. I don't want to start a controversy over this, but the practice of flushing plants (I believe) is an outdated practice that never had any empirical basis. If you care to research a little about how plants (any plants including marijuana) takes up minerals and nutrients, then the practice of flushing makes very little (absolutely no, in fact) sense. Technically, flowering plants (including marijuana) reach a crucial period toward the end of flowering where they will be more needy for nutrients and minerals. This is why the fan leaves turn yellow at the end. If you feed right up to harvest you will get a major boost in size (a growth spurt). The idea that you will have harsher smoke or bad tasting product from not flushing, let alone feeding right before harvest, is, from both personal experience/experiment and theoretical knowledge, nothing more than an urban legend. Flushing before harvest for this reason has become one of those things that growers just do but it doesn't make much sense.

I've written this now many times on the forum so I apologize for sound like a broken record. Also, no need for debate here, just try it out and report back if you don't like the results.

The longest answer ever to your question then is yes, you can feed them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thank you..i did read about losing weight etc