Flushing before flower

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ntg908, May 22, 2021.

1. I hear 100 different things from 99 different people on flushing in general, why not get 100 more opinions?! Im about to flop some GDP clones i have into 12/12, have never flushed in between before but have heard of people doing it. Any input from anyone is appreciated

2. try both i cant tell a difference imo its more so in the harvest, drying and curing

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Well that quotes it up real nice and simple. Thanks lmfao

4. If you are a science nerd, here's the actual study-

IMPACT OF DIFFERENT FLUSHING TIMES ON QUALITY AND TASTE IN CANNABIS SATIVA L. (USA) (full – 2020) Flushing Trial - RX Green Technologies

And you might want to check this out New January 2021 Granny's List The "News" and the "Latest" section have info on "Cultivation" that you are unlikely to find elsewhere. Here's a couple of examples-

How to Use Dr. Bronners As Insecticidal Soap. (news - 2014)
    https://www.hunker.com/12257372/how-to-use-dr-bronners-as-insecticidal-soap

Development and Standardization of Rapid and Efficient Seed Germination Protocol for Cannabis sativa. (Canada) (full – 2021) Development and Standardization of Rapid and Efficient Seed ...

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 3
  5. I flush for 1 reason. I basically learned to grow weed from reading this forum.(and youtube videos) And most of the forum says flush. Or at least it was the consensus 2 years ago when I started. When I started I based all my decisions on what the majority seemed to agree on. If there are multiple ways of doing things, most people chose the same way. That's the way I did mine. Except de-foliation, I'm not starting that war again. Nobody agrees on that, do what you want.

• Like Like x 2
  6. As long as you’re not over feeding, there should be 0 reason to flush.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Flush, flush, flush! We are in deep water, there is no buffer like in dirt. Do you want to join the white ash club? That means a clean smoke, no added anything. It also ensures that your flower has used all of its stored energy.

8. Why not give the roots a wash? Not giving your plant a flush is like letting a kid play out in the mud and saying it’s okay to come to dinner without washing up. Flushing is key for quality product. If you smoke your final product I wish you can compare between flushed and not flushed

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. Do fruits and vegetables get flushed in nature? Nope.

It's broscience. It sounded like a good idea, but science has shown it does nothing. Here's another study from Guelph University. They didn't do a taste test but it showed no noticable difference in yield or the bud chemically.

https://atrium.lib.uoguelph.ca/xmlui/handle/10214/12125

• Like Like x 3