Flushing, almost ready

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by mcgillicutty13, Mar 23, 2010.

1. today is the mark of week 10 flowering on my first grow
    i flushed with 10 gallons since last sunday and plan on flushing w/ 5 more before the chop.
    I'm seeing probably 10-20% amber but definatly more clear than i suspected at this point. It's hard to tell the difference sometimes b/w the cloudy and clear but i'm hoping another week will give me the results i'm looking for.
    what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. bump.
    57 views and no love from the gc community??

3. nice buds dude, definitely gives inspiration to someone like me who's about to grow for the first time. although i can't really give you any advice, i just thought you deserved at least one response :cool:

4. how long u plan to flush

5. probably 2 full weeks then i'll let her dry out real good before i chop

6. toxic salt build up

7. thanks for the info. I had a feeling something was not right a couple weeks ago when my buds just weren't growing like I wanted, but I figured it was b/c the lack of lights.

I thought maybe the wilting and yellowing of leaves was just because the plant was almost done and it was sucking up the last bit of N it had left.

BUT I did notice that after a week or so of flushing, the buds seem to be fattening up and I'm seeing a lot of new growth on the plant. I'm guessing that the salt buildup and the delay in the bud production was due to a multiple nute lockout.

My current dilemma:
    The trich readings I'm getting are still mostly cloudy, with few amber here and there.
    I don't want to add any nutes at this point bc I have flushed soil and just recovered from what apppears to be a pretty serious lockout. but I know it wont be able to live much longer on only water. So, should I just keep flushing and waiting or what? what if she starts dying and the buds still aren't ready (~40% amber)? do I go ahead and chop? its been 11+ weeks :confused:

8. its a bummer, but they look good, and the flush will take care of it

9. Ive heard some sativas taking up to 15 weeks to FULLY mature.

10. which should leave me somewhere between 3 and 4 weeks until chop so do you think i should start back on a feeding schedule of phosphorus and molasses? then flush again? or just keep feeding w/ water?

11. Do you have pics after the flush?

What are the advantages of molasses?

12. Took a sample of my current grow... mostly cloudy with a few amber trichs, very good head high. I'm currently flushing and will be chopping soon. I'd say, give it another few days, or until your two weeks are up.... then chop chop chop! You'll be very pleased... promise!