flushed plants now a phosphorus defficany?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jt45255, Jan 22, 2009.

1. ok sun i flushed my 3 earthboxes each has 2 poower plants in them that are in the 3rd week of flowering, i flushed with plan water 2 boxes are just fine and look great. however the other one wich has plants that are 3 feet high started curling there leaves down the following morning they looked horrible dark splotches on the leaves and also dring out completly and falling apart . after some reasurce i diagnosed it as a phosphrus deffiancy. so i refilled up the resvior with a mild fox far nutrient solution at 6.0 ph removed the damaged leaves and am now crossing my fingers . i just want to know has anyone seen this before ? i have been growing for 2 years now and have never ran into this before .

2. Hard to know, we need pics. If its hydro lower the pH a little more too at 5.8 should do.

3. ok here are some pics taken this morning. this is a soil grow . im using fox farm ocean forest. temp is 75 -78 w/light on 65 off. light is a 600w hps, nutrients are ff grow big,ff big bloom,ff tiger bloom.

Attached Files:

• l1.JPG
      l1.JPG
      File size:
      45.7 KB
      Views:
    • l2.JPG
      l2.JPG
      File size:
      46.2 KB
      Views:
    • l3.JPG
      l3.JPG
      File size:
      69.4 KB
      Views:
    • l4.JPG
      l4.JPG
      File size:
      98.5 KB
      Views:
    • l5.JPG
      l5.JPG
      File size:
      51 KB
      Views:
  4. thinned out damaged leaves but the plant still looks like hell . today is watering day so ill water as usual. newer growth looks ok so far. will this plant start to look better or is the damage done and it will be fine from here.?

5. Still looks like over nitrogen too me. If the pH is correct, which yours was a little off, its hard to imagine they can get p deficient in that soil with those nutes. The run-off pH needs to be between 6.2-6.8. Also, when you flush, they need a few days to react. My vote is for n toxicity.

6. well plants still look the same but new growth appears ok. i just dont understand why this only happend to these 2 plants all of them recieved the same water,nutrients and for the rest to be absolutlet perfect and then to have the 2 biggest ones do this imediatley after a flush i just think it is really odd.

7. Different seeds from the same strain can have very different characteristics. Even clones which are genertally identical can sometimes take on different traits or eating habits. Survival of the fittest.