Flushed plants at 8 weeks, what to do?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bobmarleyo21, Aug 21, 2010.

1. #1 Bobmarleyo21, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
    I flushed my plants 8 weeks into flowering and some of the plants are strong indicas and are already ready to be harvested.
    Like GDP and purple urkle. DO you think I should wait another week before I chop them to let the nutes flush out more?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. From the looks of those, Id harvest. Specially the first 3-4 pics.

3. I would harvest when the trichs are the way you like it.

4. harvest even though i just flushed the nutes out today?

5. I wouldn't harvest till the trichs are an amber color.

[​IMG]

6. well purple urkle and GDP are supposed to be harvested at 8 weeks into flowering and it has been 8 weeks. but i just flushed them so if i harvest now the bud might taste like nutes

7. That 8 weeks isn't an exact figure. it is just used as a guideline. You can harvest plants whenever you like, but you won't get high quality bud if you harvest too early or too late.
    The best time to harvest a marijuana plant will depend on the desired effect you want. For maximum THC content and a more cerebral and energetic high, harvest your plants when about 50% of the trichomes have turned from clear to a milky translucent color.

Waiting until about 50% of the trichomes have turned from a milky translucent color to amber will result in marijuana that produces a combination of cerebral and body intoxication.

If you harvest when a majority of the trichomes are amber colored, the marijuana will produce more of a sleepy body stone than it would have if it were harvested earlier.

8. I am still trying to get the hang of IDing Trichs. I have a powerful scope that lets me see the Trichs very well. Heck, at 6 weeks I was seeing some amber trichs! Am I nuts? Don't answer that. Really, it seems every time I look at the Trichs I am always seeing some amber. This is my 3rd and best grow, 600hps, 4 plants, mazar,lsd, Bif Band and 1(?). 9 weeks but they are not ready yet. I have to go by hairs until I get this Trich thing down.
    Oh, I have been using 1 teaspoon maple syrup for each liter (qt). Respons was you will get nothing but sticky no good crap! The buds are swelling and look beautiful. There are thousands of different ways to grow and thousands more varibles so I think it is really hard to say what works, and what doesn't. If it works for you, Great! I really am getting to enjoy the challange of indoor growing. Grew many crops in the Sierra Foothills during 60's and 70's. Nothing replaces growing outdoors and aside from varmits, it is so easy.
    Good Luck

9. I like to harvest a plant over a course of about a week, chopping down few big branches every few days. Just gives me little variance in the buds i'm picking. I'd probably give it another week, just to let the flush go depening on how much chem fert you used, but those ladies are ready.

wow just realized this thread is 3 years old lol.

well, how was the smoke xD