flush question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by scorpiozodiac, Jun 14, 2012.

1. i know i know. you flush right before harvest ,etc...

but my question is this.

its been 2 weeks so far that i have only used water. i used a gallon of water for all of my 3 plants that are in 5gal buckets. do you think watering them one more time should take out all the nutes? or do you think they're all gone now. its been about 2 weeks and i just watered it yesterday the 2nd time.

2. Not nearly enough.

You want to run 7-10 gallons or more in one watering through your 5 gal buckets for a proper flush.

Even that often isn't enough IMO, you want runoff pretty clear. You can't really overdo it long as you let the roots fully dry in between waterings as always.

3. From what I understand, it sounds like you only stopped using nutes for the last 2 waterings, and you give them about 1 gallon per watering? The rule of thumb is to give them three gallons of water per gallon of soil, so in your case 15 gallons per bucket, one time 2 weeks before harvest, followed by several waterings with normal runoff.

What kind of soil are you using? I don't imagine you get much runoff with 1 gallon per bucket, and that's pretty much what the flush is all about. You want to run enough water through it that the runoff is almost clear. Good luck!

4. and to clarify my above post since i now see its a lil unclear ... the 7-10 gal is per plant, and more is better just inconvient. LT's 15 would be great. Sometimes they're stubborn. I just flush 20 gal thru 3 gal of media and still not happy with the clearness or how pH coming out :confused_2:

5. Oops, didn't see your first post :eek: but I totally agree, I actually just ran 15 gallons through my strongest plant the other day and I still wasn't happy with the runoff, so I gave her an extra 5 gallons. As a tip for the OP, pour it through slowly rather than just making soil soup and topping it off until all 15 (or however many) gallons are done. If you flood it the water will follow the path of least resistance, which is probably mostly perlite. I personally pour most of it slowly into the center of the pot to make sure as much water as possible flows through the middle of the rootball. If you can, do it in the bathtub/shower to make it easy on yourself.

6. Agreed with the Blades ! You have not flush per-se ! Just start flushing for real and you should be good for harvest.

Happy Harvest !

7. ok. so ill go ahead and flush this weekend and harvest it all next weekend. that will put me at almost 9 full weeks. the smell is intoxicating :)