flush b4 harvest

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by specialk916, May 22, 2010.

1. Very easily found info on this site and on the net... here

2. Flush=no Nutes

Assuming you are adding nutes to your water supply, you flush by not adding nutes to the water supply. Some add more water during this phase some do not. The key to understanding is the lack of nutes during the flush.

3. Not sure if this was an answer to what flushing is, but I am 99.9% positive it is used to flush any salts left in the medium, and any undesired by-products as well. A by-product would be anything chemical that would give your green a harsh smoke once dried and cured.

But yes, flushing means no nutes in the water.

4. sorry to bring up a seemingly dead post, but, to those who discuss organic growing: would you consider fox farms nutes to be organic? I know that it SAYS organic on the bottle but i'm not sure if that's just advertising or not. flushing starting about a week from harvest. cool?

5. Hopefully FoxFarms IS organic, like they claim....

I know several growers, myself included, who use their products with great success..

Start flush 2 weeks before harvest.

Good Luck, Happy harvest

6. #46 starcecil, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2010
    I believe it is only like 98% organic or something. Don't quote me but I recall reading somewhere its not 100% but pretty damn close. The only reason it's not I think is because of some of the chelating agents they use for iron and other things that would dissolve into the air really quickly

As for everyone else.... when they say to flush at the end of harvest that doesn't mean giving it a full flush for each watering. Just give it a real good drench so you get some run off. An entire gallon, maybe more. (for 5 gal bucket of soil) of RO water for each "feeding" starting 2 weeks before. You can add molasses 1-2 TBSP/gal to give it a small feeding that won't need to be flushed at the end. Just make sure your last watering is pure water nothing else.

As the life cycle comes to an end your plants will appear to have lots of def... that's really ok. The whole point is the plant is out of nutrients in the soil so instead it uses the nutrients it has stored up in it's large fan leaves - a good reason not to cut them all off below the canopy once flowering starts. (I'd still shave off small shoots that try and come up though - new ones )

Another thing you can do that can be just as beneficial to your end product as a flush is to let the plant sit in the dark for 12-24 hours before cutting it. And when you do cut it, cut the whole thing at the base as soon as you open it up. The reason being when the lights go out at night, marijuana and other plants for that matter move fluids and nutrients back down into the lower part of the plant and roots. Also oil production seems to be at its highest in the am