flush b4 harvest

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by specialk916, May 22, 2010.

1. :confused:Hi all, upon reading the grasscity pages, that most growers dont flush if they grow indoors and in soil. I been feeding mine with canna A and B, plus canna boost, Should i flush for two weeks or can i crop sooner. Thanks, :)

2. I'd flush them. I've always heard that flushing in soil takes LONGER than hydro. I grow hydro and usually flush for 1.5 - 2 weeks.

3. i would flush for sure, i usually flush for 3 weeks but some people say thats over kill, two weeks will do the trick im sure

4. Some say you should and some say you shouldn't when growing in Soil...I NEVER put an excesive amount of water in my plants at any time and I grow in Soil...They say it flushes out the beneficial Microbes. I just use plain water for the last few weeks and of course the occasional feeding of Molasses during this time. Good luck...

5. Thanks for all you help

6. everyone i have ever known to grow indoor or outdoor in soil ALWAYS flushes their plant for a 2 reasons 1. just incase anything you gave your plant or anything that may have came in contact with your plant is lethal or will make you sick and 2. if you flush your plant, your smoke will be a little smoother and not as harsh on your lungs.

7. [quote name='MyFirstGrow']everyone i have ever known to grow indoor or outdoor in soil ALWAYS flushes their plant for a 2 reasons 1. just incase anything you gave your plant or anything that may have came in contact with your plant is lethal or will make you sick and 2. if you flush your plant, your smoke will be a little smoother and not as harsh on your lungs.[/QUOTE

Everyone does not flush. Those that do not flush will be just as convincing that the bud does not taste different or chemical like when they do not flush. Just as convincing as those that do flush are. I am growing hydro and not flushing my grow, in fact, I have not flushed once during my entire grow. Plants are doing awesome, ph and ppm numbers are right on track. Got about 3 - 4 weeks of flowering left.

Anyways, its a debate, and there is no right or wrong answer. You can flush if you want, or you can not flush.

I think on my next grow I am going to grow 2 clones from the same mother, in 5 gal hydro buckets. I will grow them under the same exact conditions. I will flush one at the end and not the other. Then I will know for myself if there is a real difference, because I think thats the only real way to tell.

8. I harvest about a plant/month. This months plant I flushed, last month's plant I didn't. This month's smoke is smooth and taste delicious! Last month's smoke burned my throat and made me cough continuously..... Take your pic, I'd say flush!
    Unless your tryin to seel it, then leave the nutes in! idiots in the smoking world will be blown away by buds that sparkel when they're lit, and think that them coughing from smoking it is actually because it's more potant that what they usually smoke... When in all reality, the reason they're coughing and the reason it's sparkeling, is because if left over nutes in the plant.
    It's kinda shady man, but it's not like your screwing someone over! You still sell them weed, just as much and it gets them just as high... It's just easy to up the price $5 if you say this shit sparkels when lit!.. lol
    But for personal smoke, ALWAYS flush! ALWAYS!

9. #29 sundance, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2010
    i think alot of it has to do with your nutes as well, my first grow i was using techna flora nutes and i forgot to flush and the buds were really harsh and crackled alot and didnt taste all to well. but then i switched to blue mountain organics on the next grow and i was able to flush two and had to chop two because i was moving and i could tell a difference in the flushed to unflushed but not nearly as much as with the techna flora nutes.

but even if i didnt have to flush i still would, its just part of my routine, and i think it makes the buds better

10. oddly enough I can only taste the difference when using a vape. Non organic has this wierd grassy chemical taste but out of a straight bowl tastes amazing. Truly organic MJ out of a vape has the most wonderful flavor, but can taste pretty disgusting out of a water pipe

11. Thanks guys for all ur help. have a good one :)

12. Assuming that the grower does not know the strain, and also has never grown the strain before. So, they are not exactly sure what day to harvest. How would he be able to tell WHEN to start flushing? He is hoping to flush 10-14 days if that makes a difference.
    The problem is he doesnt want to start too early, and have to have a longer flush.

13. Why not? A longer flush would mean youur end product would taste better and smoke more smoothly

Anyway just look at the trichs when you got a good mix of cloudy and amber you can staart flushing

14. Just to confirm, flushing is done by using 3x the amount of water you feed your plant, and cleans the roots of salts left from ferts?

Is it done only for nute defs and b4 harvesting to improve taste/quality? Or other reasons..

So if im using 5gal. buckets to feed, a flush would consist of putting 15gal. So last few/couple weeks b4 harvest I should be flushing...once a week? couple times a week? everyday?

15. Why not? Because I want my plants to have a good amount of nutrients all the way up until the flush, and then harvest. If I start flushing too early, and end up flushing for 3 weeks or more before harvest, I might as well have given my plant another week of nutrients and flushed for 2 weeks.
    I do not plan to flush in giing a 5 Gal bucket of water 10-15 gallons, I plant to just feed with plain water/no nutrients.
    thanks!

16. ya some people use extra water, some people just use normal amount of plain water..it is to just basically get the nutrients out before harest so its clean.
    and if there is a problem where there is too much nutrients, like nute burn, people can flush it as well. een if its nowhere near harvest just to purify the soil.

17. i am completly lost here...

18. do u kno what flushing is?

19. So if you plan on flushing for the last 2 weeks, do you flush it once a week? once every otherday? or everyday???

20. let it dry and give it = water to pot size ratio of clean water..
    in other words water like you normaly would, just use plain water instead and more of it..if you have a 1 gal, use 1 gal of water every watering for the last two week's..
    thats how i do it and it work's perfect...