Fluros good or bad ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jonleviathan, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Hey guys, Im gonna start growing at my friends place and im wondering, will fluro lights work fine for like 2-4 plants ? were growin in a tiny closet with a fan in it. The fluro lights are i thinkg 15watts or somthing like that.... would that be enuf to bud 2-4 plants ?

2. I USE FLORO TO VEG, AND HPS TO FLOWER.... GO TO HOME DEPOT AND GET THE FLORO WORK LIGHT.. ITS LIKE 30 BUCKS OR SOMTHING.. ITS 65W WITH LIKE 6000 LUMENS, THEN GET A FEW 20W FLORO LIGHT TUBES.. KEEP THEM ON 24-7, AND CLOSE TO THE PLANT ONCE IT STARTS TO GROW.. NOT TO CLOSE TO BURN IT..... THE MORE LIGHT THE BETTER.. THE MORE LUMENS, THE BETTER.. MAKE SURE U HAVE A FAN TO KEEP THE AREA COOL, AND AN EXAUST VENT TO BLOW THE HOT AIR OUT.. TRY TO KEEP IT AT 75dg......DONT USE FERT FOR 21 DAYS OR SO, DEPENDS ON WHEN U PLANTED.... WHEN U DO USE A LOW FERT LIKE 7-5-5..

3. WHEN THE PLANT GETS TO BIG, BURRY IT AGAIN, UP TO THE 1ST nODE,,, A NODE IS A PART OF THE PLANT WHERE THE PLANT BRANCHES OFF, TRY TO GET LIKE 10 OR 12 NODES AND THEN FLOWER... 12 HOURS ON 12 HOURS OFF.. VERY IMPORTANT.. THIS IS AFTER U GROW UR PLANT TO THE SIZE U WANT IT.. ONCE U FLOWER, U HAVE TO SEE IF UR PLANT IS A MALE OR FEMALE.. IF ITS A MALE, THEN YANK IT OUT,, KILL THE BITCH.. KEEEP THE FEMALE.. THE FEMALE WILL HAVE WHITE HAIRS COMMING FROM THE NODE.. THE MALE WILL HAVE LITTLE BALLS.. VERY EASY TO TELL.. AND U CAN ONLY DO THIS WHEN U START UR FLOWERING PROCESS.. 12 HOURS ON 12 HOURS OFF.. U GOT IT.. OK NOW U DO THIS FOR LIKE 8 WEEKS.. THE PLANT WILL DOUBLE OR TRIPPLE ITS SIZE DURING THIS DURATION.. MEANING, GET LONGER AND WIDER. WHEN U FLOWER AND IF UR GROWING MORE THAN 1 PLANT, LETS SAY 3 OR 4.. THEN GET A 250W hIGH pRESSURE SODIUM light, or a 400w.. the more light the better.. REMEMBER.. AND THEN KEEP THESE LIGHTS 15-18 INCHES FROM THE PLANT, OR IT WILL BURN... AS UR PLANT IS GROWING U WANNA USE FERTS LIKE 10-10-10 HIGH IN nITROGYN when i Veg.. that means when u have ur plants on for 24/7, u FEED UR PLANT WITH HIGH NITRO... THEN WHEN U FLOWER.. U LOWER THE NITRO LEVAL AND RAISE THE phosphorus LEVAL TO LIKE 10-40-10.. I USE 10-60-10..WHAT THIS DOES IS HELPS THE PLANT BUD, AND GIVES IT A GOOD HARVEST WITH BIG HEAVY BUDS... PEACE

4. What if I dont get the hps lights to bud ? Will I still get some good bud ? I really cant afford much but like 30$ for those fluro's.... Im gonna go to home depot and see if I can buy those fluros!

Also I dont got an exhaust fan all I got is a regular fan. I got fertilizer but its 15-15-18.

Could I still do this ?

5. yea ur plant will bud with Floro, but like i said in another post. u wont get big buds, and u wont get as much, and u wont get alot of yeild.. that means it wont be as strong.. it will be a smaller harvest.. u have a wile to save up some money to get the HPS.. grow with floro for now.. use those 30 bucks get some good lights (WITH ALOT OF LUMENS) it tells u on the pack of lights/tubes the amount of lumens.. THEN WHEN U WANNA FLOWER GET THE hps..IM USING IT NOW AND wow MY BUDS ARE LARGE AND FLUFFY!! smelly 2... but U CAN BUY them at Home Depot.. there SECurity lights.. remember u have to have a balis to use HPS bulbs.. so get the ones that come with the balis and bulb... ask a guy at ur local store where u can find them.. be spacific because sometimes there dumb.. say "where can i find the High Pressure Sodium Security light for ur porch" its made by LIGHTS OF AMERICA...
    as for that Fert,, use somthing smaller when u start out.. like 5-5-5.. remember, 21 days or more after the sprout.. i didnt use ferts till like 3 weeks be for i started to flower.. some people dont use any.. start small, work ur way up..good luck

6. OK.. I'll do my first grow with fluro's by the second grow ill have enough money saved ( since I wont be buying any more ) I'll buy a hps security light or one of those 400w hps at those hydroponic stores. Also... Im not gonna use any fertilizer at all since i only got a 15-15-18 one and I cant afford anything else.

1 question- theres these lights at this shop, really cheap and they put out like 1000 lumens, If I dont get any more fluro's ( currently gonna use 2 20watt tubes ) could i use those light bulbs and put em close to the plant ? They are halogen floodlights.

Also I got a digital camera, so I will share my pics with you guys as im growing!

7. ok listen man... pretend this is a hot ass car u really wanna get.. USE ALL THE MONEY U GET to put twards this plant.. 2 20w tubes are not going to grow 4 or even 1 plant.. please listen.. u need MEGA light.. that means A LOT OF LIGHT!!! the more the better.. its not as easy as ur thinking..i bet ur thinking it will just gr0w and bud.. no no no. u need to maintain it and watch them like kids.. that fert u have, dont use that stuff,, get somthing smaller.. that will kill ur plant. use that studd when ur like 5 weeks into growing.. here is a picture of what my FLORO set-up looked like.. and READ what it says

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19143&perpage=5&pagenumber=2

8. Thats a nice light setup.... but im gonna just go with what I can afford, im not even sure yet what wattage bulbs im getting put in, its all about who comes over and does this for me ..... i got 6 4 foot fluro tubes out there that put out 40w a piece and 2 3 foot ones that put out 30w, i just got no fixture on them so im not sure what im gonna do!

9. yea use those floro lights.. that should work if u have 5 of them... but listen.. are u a youngster? or live on ur own, cause it sounds to me like ur strugglin for some money.. im sayin i know what thats like.. my set-up was a total of 110 bucks.. but every chance i got like 10 bucks i went and got more lights.... if u and ur friend are gonna do it, make that fool chip in some money.. u will love the outcome. grow on!

10. Im doing it on my own....I got a few of my moms friends supplying me with stuff.. like her friends husbands and electrician so hes gonna hook up some cheap fluoroscents for me until I go buy some of those compact ones, Im gonna go see what I can get at home depot.... on the website I saw this fluorescent light 65 watt and gives off almost 7000 lummens.

But then on the simple skrew in bulbs they have like 40 watters that shoot off like 2000.... so im not to sure what im gonna do I only got like 20-30$ after buying my 4 clones

11. Alright.... i went to home depot and got myself 2 25 watt compact fluorescent bulbs!! they shoot off 1750 lummens each for only 7$ a piece ! So ill be growing with those two lights!

12. yea thats the FLORO work light, it puts out 6,000 lumens... at 65w.... keep doing what u can do and those clones will be worth the wait

13. I seen the fluro work light, I didnt get that though. I got the skrew in fluro bulbs you just skrew em in a lamp or whatever.... the only problem is I need some lamp thingys so i can get these buggers in the closet !!

14. I have another 40$ what should I contribute that to ? I only got 2 25watt compact fluros atm!! plz let me know..... I have no soil yet! Should I save up for a 400w hps ? Or should I buy the fluro work light ( since you said it puts out 6k lumens, but it doesnt say how much it outputs on the box ) Or should I get 2 more 1750 lumens compact fluro bulbs and soil and some fert ?

15. Save up for 400 watt HPS.
    You can get near 1 LB a month with a good grow plan.
    __