Fluro safer than hps?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sativa003, Aug 17, 2006.

1. hey guys im new to this indoor stuff and im not tryin to have po knock on my door...so i have a 400W hps bulb running 24/7 right now over some pretty nice clones...i was wondering if it would be safer to run fluros...iv heard that hps puts off alot of heat...so would that mean the fluros would be a safer route? and can plants be detected from the air, through a house?

heres one them....

http://i7.tinypic.com/24vtw2d.jpg

2. safer and cheaper especially for vegging... but if your going to do floro's do it properly and get 4ft tube fixtures not just compact flourescents.

3. i know nothing about fluro's can you give me some info on what i would need...im growing in an open room...alot of space...15 plants

what kind of fluros to buy...and what kind of fixtures?

4. honestly, my last grow i used 2 fixtures, 4 foot tubes, all good spectrum get 2 warm 2 cool and youll be set for a few plants, not 15... a bulk grow like that is safer on electricity by using the 400 watt... but the heat can become a problem, but ive never seen anyone get busted for using such a low HPS anyway.. so i dont think you really have much to worry about. if your gonna use floros build yourself a nice rack, mount them on particle wood, or ply wood and use CFLS and drill the lightbulb things into the wood and line them up, you will actually get a good flo setup doing that. CFL's + Tube=best IMO. and DEFINATELY use warm and cools

5. can you explain what warm and cools are?
    and its in my basement...i have a ground floor and an upstairs too...so its cool in the basement ...but a little warmer in the growroom..but not much