fluoros

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by leadastray, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Don't waste your money. First of all, you could probably build this unit for under $20 at your local home store.

Also, these are only 25 W bulbs. In theory, each plant should have as close to 100W to itself as possible. So, you would need at least two of these units per plant. This will cost you almost $80 per plant. If you plan to grow more than one plant, it will be more cost effective for you to purchase a 200 W CFL or a 250W MH or HPS lamp.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

2. thank you very much for the help..i was thinking i could make it myself cheaper, but not too knowledgable with lighting at the moment..only problem im having so far is i cant find the bulbs on the hardware stores around me, websites.. home depot and canadian tire, probably go over and see if they have em..if not suppose ill just build a unit and purchase bulbs online..the thing ive found though is I'll need 1 bulb to grow the plant and have to change it to flower the plant, is there a combined bulb? can they both run at the same time?

3. Yeah you could build one all bought from walmart about $14. It is best if you have both spectrums 6500k for veg(compact bushy growth) 2700k for stimulating flowering.