Fluoro's making flowering slow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by illuminate, May 11, 2010.

1. 2 females in my closet, all I have right now is two fluorescents from wally world, not sure on wattage but I don't think they are getting enough red/orange light now that they are flowering, the lights give off mostly blue i think

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    setting on my camera was kind of dark :p

these are around 2-3 weeks into flowering 12/12... Are they up to speed? Or are there any suggestions...
    Thanks

2. Doing fine in my opinion.

3. They look fine.

4. lookin good:wave:
    how long have they been flowering?

5. Im gonna go with 2-3 weeks.

6. I'm just worried that once its further into flowering it wont be getting enough light... especially the bottom buds. I was thinking about getting some CFL's but I'm not good with wiring, i just want something I can plug into an outlet

7. I think your right on the lights. They look good now but flowering (if you want nice healthy nugs) requires all the light it can get. You could pick up a 125 watt cfl light with more of the red spectrum, I believe they are the warm variety, from a garden shop or online for about 50 bucks or less. Just get a lamp outlet or old lamp and use the socket and cord.

If you got about 150 bucks you could pick up a 250 or 400 watt hps complete setup from htg supply online. They go for 120 on that site. Heat should not be much of an issue with a small unit like that and 2 plants would soak it up.

They look good though:smoking::smoking:

8. You can get more lights. Or you could tie a string under the top node or two and pull (bend) the stalk over a little to allow for more light penetration. Just don't bend it over too far as to not brake the stalk. Or you can harvest the top/top half when it's ready but let the bottom half keep going for another week or two or for however long it takes till it's ready.

Just some ideas. Of course more light is always best.