Fluoro tube Test - sunlight/aquarium/growth/etc.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HappySmoker420, Oct 8, 2007.

1. I found this article/experiment online and wanted to share it with people here to get their opinions on it. While the plants in this trial are not MJ, I believe there shouldn't be much difference, if any.

A simple test of each popular fluorescent bulb that are available for purchase. You'll see that the GE Plant and Aquarium Wide Spectrum is the winner.

http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/fluorescent.html -scroll to bottom of the page for final results

Or you can view the image below and reference this list:

Front top to bottom: GE Kitchen and Bath
    Ott-Lite
    Sylvania Gro-Lux Wide Spectrum
    Philips Plant and Aquarium
    GE Plant and Aquarium Wide Spectrum:D
    Natural Sunlight

Attached Files:

• 999.jpg
      999.jpg
      File size:
      206.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Any test where "natural sunlight" ranks near the bottom is a little suspect (check out the puny bottom row!)

Possibly helpful if you're shopping for tube fluorescents, though. People seem to use them for mother plants a lot.

3. Yea i see your point...considering this is an indoor setup, that's probably the reason for the low "sunlight" growth. If those suckers were out on the porch then they'd probably be bigger.

I personally went through dozens of forum posts regarding all of the available fluoro tubes available...i first went with the plant&aquarium and then went to the 6500k and now have a mix of the 6500k and the Plant&Aquarium and am rotating them to hopefully get the best results