fluoro and LST question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dgaretz, Apr 25, 2007.

1. If i want to grow 5 female plants w/ any setup of fluoros(CFL or tubes) and LST how much wattage should I expect to have for veg and flower and what kind of fluoros. I have to start from seeds so would 4 ~3000 lumen tubes be good for 10 seeds for veg? and then i was thinking about adding 4 30-40w 2700k CFL's around the sides during flowering. would this be enough? should i also by some 6500k cfl's and put them on the sides of the tubes during veg? i mean obviously the more light the better right, but how much is overkill/uneconomical. thanks

2. 4 foot tubes I'm guessing? You plan on using t8's? I would use t5's because there 5k lumens per tube. However I have vegged 4 plants with about 12k lumens into flowering (4x 2 foot tubes)...so you should be fine especially if your going to lst them. Expect at least 75 watt per plant (whole cycle) and If your going to balance the spectrum use 2 6500k for every 2700k. As long as the plants are getting light from every angle there should have enough light with the set up that you suggested.

3. okay thanks for the info. and yea 4' tubes. and i was thinking about using T12's they are mucho cheaper than the T5's and you can get packs of them for even cheaper at home depot. and i woudl use 6500k for veg and 2700k for flower.

4. another quickie, is it possible to scrog w/ non-feminized seeds? it just seems like it would be major hassle removing male plants from the screen.

also can you top the plant early and tie down both of the new stems so its like a Y and then tie them both clockwise so they eventually form a circle and then stop the LST? would that work?

5. Rule is 100 watts per plant! If you wish to scrog, take clones off of your plants and then put the plants on 12/12 cycle while clones are rooting, this way you can ID your female clones and use them for your SCROG.

6. good idea thanks for the tip