Fluorescent Plant Light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Blazin Budz, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Im planning on growing a plant with flours and i always read about people using cool white or warm red but at my local hardware store they have a plant & aquarium flourescent light.Do they work well with marijuana plants?

2. Go to Lowe's if you have one and pick up some Sylvania Soft white CFL's or Day light CFL's.
    Or next time just click the top thread that says "CFL THREAD"... Here's a little snippet that answers your
    question on the first page...

Types: CFL's come in mainly two flavors, Soft White (color temperature 2700k) and Daylight (color temperature 6500k). For a complete grow, you should use both. Soft white mimics the spectrum of a HPS light, and is best suited for flowering. Daylight's color spectrum is like that of metal halide lights, and is excellent for the vegetative stage. (This applies to tubes too. Around 6500k for veg, around 2700k for flower.) There are also tubes labeled plant and aquarium. I haven't seen them in CFL form, but they have no real color temp, so I'm not sure on their efficiency, but I've used them and it's rather slow growth for the watts.

There you go! You've even got it underlined!