Fluorescent lighting question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by D-Souljah808, Jan 29, 2010.

1. I have a 4'x2'x9' closet. Can I get a quality high yield with fluorescent lighting from start to finish?

2. You can work with that. You have the budget option of regular T-12 Flouros or the higher priced T-5 flouros. I purchased 6 4 ft shop lights from Home Depot, they are like $7 each. Connected them using a pieces of 1X1 stripping so they were connected closer together. I purchased the bulbs at Home Depot as well, they were about $8 per set. I bought 8 red spectrum and 8 blue spectrum. I used 8 blue and 4 red for veg and 8 red 4 blue for flowering. I grew 3 females in this area in 5 gl containers to about 4ft and yielded just under 6 oz's.

You have to switch spectrums to maximize your yields. More blue during veg and more red during flowering. It can be done though.

You could also find a bargain 400 W HPS(I paid $125 shipped on eBay for mine) and just do the whole grow with that, but you will need to have decent airflow to control the temps.

3. Thanx dude. What strain? How big is ur space? How was the end results? Quality?

4. I grew one NL #2X5, and 2 NL #5 X Big Bud. The space was just an inch or so over 4 ft wide, 30 inches deep and about 6 ft high. I started the 12/12 cycle when the plants were about 2.5 ft and the NL #2X5 was just under 4 ft and the others were right bout 4 ft give or take a few inches. The flowers were full and dense and full of trichs. The quality was just as good as anything I grew under HID, only under HID I would have a slightly bigger yield. However $ for $ considering cost of this room vs cost of HID room, IMHO the end results were just as good. Nobody could tell the difference, a few even felt the floruo grown stuff was a bit more potent.

Whatever way you decide, if you go cheap with the regular flouros, you need at least 10-12 tubes. T-5's, which considering you can get a good 400 W HPS for about the same price as a 8 tube T-5 or even less, I would go with the HID. A 400 W HPS would fill that area good with light and give you a nice 3 or 4 plant harvest.

5. This light is the best for the space your working with I'd buy it if i didn't allready have a 3 foot wide 8 tube. Hell i might still