fluorescent closet set up

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by scsr5, Oct 11, 2006.

1. This is my first attempt at indoor, would just like some feedback.
    I have 2 small sprouts under two 32w 4' tubes. I also have a germinated seed planted under a 33w circular flo lamp. I started them outdoors and they have only been under the lights for a day. I also have a fan blowing on them, and leave the door open enough to get some air circulation. The bulbs are about 3" above the sprouts.

What kind of growth rate should I expect with this set up? Anything I should change?

2. You have a total of 64 watts, that's about 32 watts per plant. The minimum to flower weed is 30 watts per square foot. If you keep them in small pots, and flower early, you should get some smoke. Expect short veggative growth though and a small yield. Always add more light if you can. That's what I would do.

PS Welcome to GC

3. Thanks for the reply, I actually have 2 fixtures with 2 bulbs each, I was planing on turning the other fixture on when the plats got a bit bigger, so that would make 128 total for 3 plants, I think I will add a few more of those circlar 33w bulbs as well. Will this be enough light? The bulbs are all bright white, would it be a good idea to replace half of them with "indoor plant/aquarium" bulbs? I have heard some people talk about that.

4. My boyfriend and I started our plants 7 weeks ago under two 40 watt cool white floros. Week by week we added more and more floros so now we are up to six 40 watt cool whites and two 40 watt gro-lux. The reason for the gro-lux being, we heard the same thing about the gro-lux giving it a different spectrum of light. The floros have worked great, but we just discovered a hydro-shop near where we live so we went today and bought a 400 watt hps/mh switchable lighting system. From what we have read, the hps will give our plants a huge improvement in the ammount of bud we will yeild from them. This is our first grow, but we still have 5 healthy plants off the floros. Killed one last night cause it was male.(That was sad) I'm very curious as to how the hps will help them grow though. So I will keep ya up to date on how they do and I will be waiting to see how your grow turns out as well. Good luck! Just remember you will most likely have to keep adding lights as they get bigger.:smoking: