fluffy buds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by nugsnbugs, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Anyone else find their bud gets fluffy if it finishes in cold weather?

seems the later I harvest the lighter the bud. I harvested a healthy GH church in the end of october once that had been through many frosts and the bud was garbage, seemed like the plant put out extra leaves to protect itself  :confused_2:

2. Genetics and a few other variables really determines how buds shape up.  Growing in the Midwest with different strains, I have harvested as late as the last week of October - all of them have hardened in their own unique way.  Some stay fluffy, while others firm up.  For me, the buds from blue dream had the best denseness. 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Most times real airy, whispy or fluffy buds is an indicator that the plant didnt receive enough light during flower. Make sure your plants are getting adequate sunlight or light in a grow room to get them to pack on dense heavy buds. Try trimming off some of the leaves obstructing light from reaching your budding nodes and tops.

4. Nope. It's the other way around. The cold make those suckers get rock hard. Why do you think indoor flower temps are supposed to be around 70-75 and not in the 90. You are most likely growing some airy sativa and not getting full sun.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The fact it's out until end of October says it all.  Genetics.  Sativas finish later, and aren't known to produce tight buds. 

If your growing through several frosts you need faster genetics.  Tighter buds will be in your future.

• Like Like x 3