Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

fluffy and dense bud of the same strain?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Deleted member 979069, Feb 18, 2018.

1. so my dealer for example sold me pink kush and its fluffy and awesome while the dispensary sold me the same weed just dense also good. i prefer my dealer though since the buds are huge and bit stronger. but how come 1 is fluffy and other dense of same weed? different seeds?

2. Different growers.
    Sounds like someone is harvesting early.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. so which is the better one? i prefeer my dealers big fluffy buds. and when i mean fluffy i mean big plump buds. the dispensary is mainly smaller dense nugs

4. Might be the lower buds (larf) on the same plant. Usually classified as "B" grade buds. Normally lower in cannabinoids...but often negligible.

5. for the dispensary weed?

6. The better one is the one you prefer. Period.

Strain names don't reliably mean anything so even though your dealer and the dispensary call something the same, it has no bearing on what it actually is. I recently bought some cannabis at a shop and after enjoying it, I became interested in growing it. Looking up the strain name came up with results that described bud that was drastically different than what I purchased.

Growing out two seeds of the same strain from the same breeder can result in two pretty different products. It really is difficult to impossible to reliably get the same product from different places.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fair enough, but its just weird how my dealer always sells fluffier weed while dispensary sells always dense weed of same kinds. which is a better grow overall thouh? smaller dense or plumb fluffy bud?

8. What do you mean by better? Different varieties and different grow methods result in different products.

Folks who grow for business tend to grow fast flowering, dense, high volume varieties because it makes them more product hence money per grow. Classic indoor growing varieties were cultivated to product these types because it is/was a black market business. Thus folks think they like the rock hard bud because the best/strongest bud has often been rock hard. In truth you can grow awesome fluffy bud. Personally I tend to prefer the varieties I've grown that result in fluffier flowers.

Your dealer might not have very strong lighting or isn't using the light very effectively. Not enough lighting results in fluffier bud but that's not the only factor.

9. my avatar pic is what my dealer has now which is called black diamond and its fluffy and pretty sticky on my grinder. But then again they are big buds. dispensary is small denser nugs prob as to why its not as strong. i always go with biggest buds for best high