Flu shot or get fired

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Nokturnal420, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Something that has no mass can't exist. :p

2. #62 Stoli, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009

whats light?

but come on, that was stupid a stupid thing to say regardless of my example.

3. Yea, I'm not sure what happened to me in this thread. I must've been really high during some of those posts. I still don't think that hospital workers should be forced to get the swine flu vaccine.

EDIT:

Light isn't matter. I thought we were talking about matter.

4. I have no idea what we're talking about, it's a Pink Unicorn. -.-

edit: But I'm sure she's pink and invisible. (blessed be her holy hooves)

5. So, you think that forced vaccinations are good/justified? If you were the head of a hospital, would you force all the hospital workers to get the vaccine?

6. This is completely off topic and would make a great separate thread, but it can be argued that all these, and many other, things would be more efficient and beneficial to society if they were privatized.

7. The vaccinations aren't forced, employment at a hospital is voluntary. Many hospitals already require employees get Hepatitis B and Meningitis vaccinations. So yes, I probably would.

8. The job market is pretty volatile, so quitting their job isn't really a good option. Personally, I would never work at a hospital. Hospitals aren't really a good place to spend 40+ hours a week.

9. There is nothing better than working a hospital ER at 3am on 4th of July. Besides being in an actual war zone, that is. I'm glad I had the experience, I'm also glad I'm retired. You just haven't lived till you've been bitten by some drunk who then-leaves his false teeth stuck in your arm...given the risks many hospital jobs normally entail, getting a flu shot probably isn't that scary.

10. Just because quitting isn't a GOOD option, it's still an option. Thus, it is not force.

WHY would someone go into a health care field if they are against vaccinations?? That's like someone becoming a police officer and then complaining because they have to carry a gun. Give me a fucking break already.

11. good question. I have seen 3 different polls that show 50+% of health care workers will refuse the shot

i work in an office at a hospital and if (when) they try this shit here I and 70% of my dept are GONE.

"There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution." Aldous Huxley

This thing is all about destabilizing the human mind. Welcome to scientific totalitarianism

12. So, laws are not forceful either? Not following isn't a GOOD option, but it's still an option.

Someone can be against forced vaccinations and be the health care field. I know doctors who won't be getting the swine flu vaccine because they're healthy and don't need it. Vaccines are supposed to be for people at risk of dying from the flu.

13. Get Educated

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15ycdbSsnAU]YouTube - Vitamin D not flu shots[/ame]

14. It's already been explained to you before. THE WORRY IS NOT THAT THE HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS WILL GET SICK, IT'S THAT THOSE PEOPLE WILL SPREAD IT TO PATIENTS WITH WEAK IMMUNE SYSTEMS. Your reply to that was a straw-man, had nothing to do with the actual argument. Yes, people manage with weak immune systems, but it's a hell of a lot harder to manage when your nurses/doctors are carriers of the virus, despite not showing symptoms. You need to read up a bit on how viruses operate, because you're apparently ignorant of the fact that a person can be infected by a virus, but not show active infection symptoms. That, or you're just ignoring it.

As for the possible mutation scenario....the vaccine has at least some chance of preventing infections in people, whereas giving no vaccine has a much, much, much smaller chance of preventing infections. Why not at least give some people a chance to not get the damn disease?

One of the popular issues with the healthcare debate is reducing costs of running hospitals. Maybe you're not aware, but spreading diseases at hospitals costs people money. Wouldn't you be a bit pissed off if you went to the hospital for some reason, and ended up getting sick from something else while there?

I'm all for keeping a watchful eye on "Big Brother," but this is a private hospital, with no government interference, and there comes a point where you've just got to get real and recognize that not every event like this is The Man trying to hurt you.

15. The people with weak immune systems (along with the elderly and the very young) are the first people that are going to be vaccinated. So, why should the hospital workers be forced to get the vaccine?

16. I hope you're in billing. No bills till they get the new hires trained would be great!:) So do you think the rushed, possibly ineffective vaccine is going to cause Guillain-Barre? Like last time...?

17. People with weak immune systems can't always get vaccinated because they are more susceptible to the live virus. They depend on the people around them to be vaccinated.

18. lol, if the vaccine is live then you can bet your ass some people are going to get sick from it. Live vaccines aren't very good. Even healthy people, could get sick.

Doesn't the doctor do enough to make sure that he doesn't spread bugs that he has to patients? I don't really see the necessity for forced vaccinations. A doctor's patients are not in mortal danger if he isn't vaccinated.

19. #79 SpacedOut, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2009
    WTF, yes they are, for the reasons explained earlier.

Also, invisible pink unicorns exist.

20. [ame=http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=816_1254275638]LiveLeak.com - N.Y. Health Care Workers Revolt Over H1N1 Vaccine[/ame]