Floyd vs. Zeppelin

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Bonzo127, Mar 24, 2010.

1. So you're stoned off your ass in McDonald's with all the food you could possibly want when you realize you forgot to put on your tunes, so you grab your trusty iPod and scroll around to get to "Artists"

At this point you have to make a great decision,

Would you rather listen to Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin when you are baked?

Go... Answer :smoking:

(Sorry if this thread already exists.)

2. Love 'em both, but in the scenario you gave, had to go with Zeppelin. Love cranking up that kind of music while traveling...

Floyd is better savored while lying in bed at night, or watching it in HD with surround-sound.

3. I can't vote. Love them both way too much, and I've listened to lots of both in lots of situations.

4. Floyd, for sure. I like Zep and all, but I don't really feel like the brought anything all that new to the table, you know?

But I think bands like Kiss and AC/DC are terrible too for the same reasons, just a lot more to a further extent. Their songs are catchy and all but their talent is nothing when you compare them to the greats, IMO. Kiss is worse though, their band is really a joke more then anything.

5. if i could vote for both i would, but to me, zeppelin has a little edge. their music just puts me in crazy awesome mood when i'm baked :smoking:

6. I know whatcha mean, Led Zeppelin is amazing but pink floyd is in their own league.

and seriously kiss is a joke, I hate them

7. I got to go with Zeppelin. I just got to. That passion and consistency...

Floyd's best stuff is really really awesome but they have too long and frequent periods of artistic lack of direction; before Gilmour and after Waters the quality is just not really there. Zeppelin kept it tight from their inception all the way until Page started zoning on that heroin.

8. Clearly Led Zeppelin wins. LMAO comparing Floyd to Led Zeppelin is like comparing Soulja boy to Tupac lol.

9. Pink Floyd bring something to music that I can't explain in words. Listening to Dark side of the moon back to back makes me go into a semi-trance every time I listen to it, without fail. That sort of music can't be expressed in words.

10. :eek:

11. im sorry but pink floyd> all

with talent like gilmour, richard wright, syd beret, nick mason and roger waters its hard to even try and bring another group to there level

12. Completely agree. Pink Floyd brought something different to the table, but Zeppelin shit all over said table.

13. Led Zeppelin always

Pink Floyd is depressing...it's like musical heroin in that it just sucks all the life out of you

14. :confused: hmmm .... one word: Animals
    [​IMG]

15. Once again clearly people prefer Led Zeppelin. Pink Floyd is one of those bands I hate. IDK why I just find Pink Floyds music painful to listen to.

16. Great thread!
    I like Led Zeppelin and all, but Pink Floyd it in a completely different league. Nothing can compare to Pink Floyd.

17. I like Floyd better..

18. Floyd deff is in a totally different leauge of their own. Plus Gilmour is the best of all time so thats it right there.

19. Both amazing bands, but Floyd for me, especially when I'm toking up! The creativity just takes you away :hippie:

20. I can't believe this is even a debatable topic, I thought everyone knew that Pink Floyd is the best band ever!