flowering with MH

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by curtropolis420, Apr 11, 2008.

1. If you're going to use MH for flowering get the WARM RED MH bulbs. They rock! Here's a link for ya:

http://cgi.ebay.com/400-watt-SUNMAS...ryZ42225QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. word i would grab one if it was a 400 watter but its only 250 and its chill if i had the money i'd have a 1000w mh hps and cmh lol

3. ed rosonthal once worte that he prefered buds grown under mh bucause of the resinous buds

4. because the MH does put out a little tiny bit more UV then the HPS which is next to nothing it will provide for more THC production but the lack of red hurts the yield a bit. THe CMH puts out a considerable amount of UVB compared to both and even has a warning on the box to not stay under the light with exposed skin for longer than 15 minutes as it can cause some mild sunburn. Pretty wicked if you ask me, gotta love that UVB.

5. if it wasnt ed rosenthal it was some other mustached dutchman who said you actually yield more with mh. dont kill the messenger im just relaying what one of my 10 cannabis vids said. i just switched out my 1000w mh with my new 600w hps 2 days ago because 1 for 10 isnt too good. "with good seed stock, growers yeild about 10-15 ounces of sinsemilla bud per 400w light every 2 to 3 months, however a 1000w halide will usually yield more bud, about 12 to 25 ounces per light, 65 to 90 days" that was ed. flowering with a metal halide is perfectly fine says the dutchman.

6. i have my own money for business if you know what i mean so i honestly couldn't care less about what i yeild because i'm just smoking this to my dome ..... i'm getting tired of the half gooey bc has right now..blechh i'll enjoy my hella crystaly nugs for me even if its only a half or so

7. why was that neccisary?

8. Is that so, all the CMH I have checked out put out 3000 K/3600 K, No where near the 6400K needed for VEG? What bulb you using ?

I guess they will work fine but IMHO one of each for veg and bloom is better if you have the grow room that can support the high wattage lamps. All the modern ballasts can take MH and HPS so the bulb costs are nominal. Not sure about the UV output of CMH tho so you may have a point there?

9. The one I used was a 4000k model so it was down the middle a bit. The Philips Mastercolor Super Whites are a bit different from the regular plain jane CMH bulbs of the past. Check the site in my sig for more info. My dream setup is definitely a 1000watt HPS with 4 400watt CMH bulbs on all four sides of the 1000 watter to cover the edges and boost up the middle even more so. Now that would kick some serious ASS!!!!

10. would love to see it, for sure;)

11. He is on many many forums on as different names repping these bulbs. beware

12. (Dramatic music) DUH DUH DUHHHHHHHHHHHH!

What cha gonna do now Richard Dean? Ya done dropped ya pistol when ya bust thru da winda!

13. Bump

I read a whole 31-page thread on another forum last night where someone was repping these bulbs with the exact same story, exact same picture, and the exact same link. I'm really, really intrigued by these bulbs but I can't seem to find any information from people other than the starters of these threads. I'll be growing maybe 3-4 plants in a cab soon, and this is a very attractive bulb for me. I am thinking of using one for veggin in the place of a regular MH (to avoid buying another ballast and to keep heat down) and possibly for flowering. Can anyone else vouch for the usefulness of these bulbs?

14. they dont put off as many lumens as a hps bulb does for how much energy they use, much worse lumen per watt ratio. they have a broader spectrum yes, but most of it goes into white light and other unused specturm that just confuses the plant

plant want a mimic of nature

in oct is the suns color specturm white and blue? or yellow ornage and red?

hps is best for flowering