Flowering White Widow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HeinrichH, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Uncle Ben has grown more shit (of all kinds) then most would ever fathom. He knows plants.

This is what works and this is what I stick to. If I ran across a strain that is a total hog, wether it loves N, Ca or P I can adjust, but that's rare in my system. Had a fruity bitch not long ago, total whore for Ca so she got foliar fed CalMg. This way I had no need to fuck around with making her a special dose of feed; my standby foliar feed was ready and waiting. Some strains like a high dose of N both during veg and the stretch, where a lot of people drop off the N thinking its going to hurt flower production. NO! The transition is when they are PREPARING to flower, thus the vigorous upwards growth with getting pollinated in mind. I never worry about too little N...its always there and in several forms.

As with P, as stated in the link to RIU, too much and its counterproductive. This is where these boosters come in that are crazy high in P and generally cause lockout issues.

I'd also suggest Dynagro; Foliage Pro for soilless and Grow/Bloom for hydro

I'd suggest to all new growers they keep it as simple as possible by using ferts such as this, practice regular purging to keep the medium fresh and above all LEARN TO READ YOUR PLANTS.

2. I suggest maintaining a balanced diet and purging your medium regularly. This way all nutrients are present and available. Learn to read when they are hungry for a higher dose, or are reaching their limit and want you to back off. This isn't about hucking water in a pot and flipping lights on and off...you have to get to know your girls. Theyll treat you like royalty when you do.

3. man all this info is really overwhelming. looks like I need to do some more reading about nutrients, because the guy in the grow shop just told me to use that mix

4. The guy in the grow shop has a vested intetest in selling you as much shit as possible. Nutrient companies as well...at one point someone realized they could exploit unsuspecting growers into thinking they need some sort of "boost", which at the time could have been a simple easy raise in an element or two, but has evolved into an entire snake oil racket. Just look at some of the names of this crap...its freaking hilarious. Then look at the labels (if they'll tell you what's in them) and think for a minute. Yikes!

Learn what makes a plant tick before you go dumping a bunch of shit on her...you might just realize you no longer need all that shit to harvest a luch healthy plant.

The funniest part of these ridiculous regimens....these companies have you drop N off the charts as theyve perpetueated the idea that you don't need it and raise the P up to extraordinary levels. The kicker....P doesn't work without N so it becomes moot. Next the insane levels of P lock out important micronutrients and then kids sit back and say "ya plants are supposed to look like dogshit during flower....its natural!"

Derp.

5. I have never agreed with one of your posts more. Amazing.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Just got done reading a side by side grow done with two different bottles of Dynagro...the Foliage Pro having one third as much Phosphorus. The result? FP produced slightly (10%) better than the higher P formula. A perfect example debunking the high P myth. Total run was just over a pound under 600w.

7. A perfect example of high P being yet another canna forum myth.... a fellow grower where I normally reside does a lot of side by side grows; he produces for his patients and has a vested interest in producing quality and quantity did a run with two different Dynagro products. The first was their Grow, a 7-9-5 formula vs. their Foliage Pro, a 9-6-3 ratio. Now....canna forum paradigm will tell you that the FP would be no good for flowering since its high in N and lower in P. The results spoke for themselves...the FP which had one third the Phosphorus out-yielded the Gro formula by 10% and was just as potent.

Uncle Ben has been preaching this for years...this guy grows more crops than most people that come through these types of forums as he does this for a living. He knows plants and how they tick. Per UB, cannabis is a foliage plant that falls under the tropical/subtropical variety and is all about producing lots of leaves.... this is what fuels these types of plants and this is what will make flowers. Its really that simple. Those that claim N is bad in flower have yet to learn the processes that plants go through and what makes it all possible. Yes...P assits in flowering but N is king. Without it, P can't do its job. Do a search for what nutrients do what.....N is the backbone of it all, from early veg right through to the cure.

Count how many people here will tell you N is bad to have in your plants as they are ready to harvest....what they dont know is that N is paramount to the fermentation process; N fuels fermentation; fermentation burns off the chlorophyll, lroteins and other nasties that make your flowers taste like shit. Lactic (alcoholic) fermentation is what smooths out the smoke....you need look no further than curing tobacco, which demonstrates how a proper cure makes the smoke smoother by fermenting all of the garbage out. If you cure properly the N gets burned off, so if that's the worry about feeding good amounts of N during flower its a simple solution. Cure them right and move on. Done and done.

UB is the one that turned Homebrewer on to Dynagro; before he was a staunch GH user and was skeptical of the switch. He did his first side by side and ever since he's been hooked on DG. Foliage pro in soil/soilless is outstanding...he even found that his sativas (who have a lower tolerance for nuted in general) loved the 3-1-2 ratio. This goes right to UB's contention that cannabis should be treated as a foliage subtropical, as that ratio is very common to those types of plants.

I should note that hydro can be a bit different, and in his flood tables HB uses a combination of Dynagro Grow and Bloom in order to balance out the NPK a bit different.

8. Listening/talking to UB has been an awakening experience...the man knows plants, he knows his shit up and down and will blow your mind if all you ever knew of botany came from a canna forum. My grows are simpler, cheaper and most of all better because of him. He isn't selling anything other than knowledge, which is free to those with an open mind and ill take his word over anyone. Check out his threads at RIU...he's got some dandys that, while they go against th e status quo, are fair and accurate assesments as to how things work and will lead to green happy plants from start to finish.

9. If your growing in soil .. Do not worry about the ph .. You'll just be spinning in circles .. Adjust your water with a ph meter and be done .. You'll never be able to get your soil ph perfect .. Soils ph will work itself out naturally .. Trust me. .. Read up on it.. If your growing hydro then worry about ph .. If tour growing soil dont stress about it .. Your soil ph will fluctuate all the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Now there is someone who gets it.