Flowering way too early. Revert back to veg?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ThePlantDocta, Jun 4, 2012.

1. I'M growing a few strains this year and one in particular is giving me grief. Purple Frisian dew. It started flowering in may and it's in the ground and fairly decent size already. The days should be long enough to keep a plant in veg by mid may here. The two biggest ones are budding up. One more than the other. What I was wondering is will these plants bud all the way through even though the days are getting longer? Does anyone have experience with this? I had a plant do this once before and it never reverted back to vegetative growth. It was a skunk #1 plant. I'm in central California and the days are now hot and very long. Has anyone had a plant outdoors flower and then reveg before the season is over?

2. How many hours of light are you getting a day? I had a plant last year that was flowering but it went back in to veg in late may because I was moving it around my yard to get more sun. I transferred it from a 1 gallon pot to a 25 gallon pot, cut the small partial buds, and about 4-5 weeks later it was starting to grow really well and finished nicely. It might have to due with your plants genetics some need light than others to stay in veg.

3. [quote name='"steelsmoking"']How many hours of light are you getting a day? I had a plant last year that was flowering but it went back in to veg in late may because I was moving it around my yard to get more sun. I transferred it from a 1 gallon pot to a 25 gallon pot, cut the small partial buds, and about 4-5 weeks later it was starting to grow really well and finished nicely. It might have to due with your plants genetics some need light than others to stay in veg.[/quote]

It gets a lot of sun actually. The sun comes up here at about 5:30 and it sets at 9:00 it gets shades because of this huge fuckin tree on the west side of the yard. But direct sunlight for 5-6 hours a day. And there is a nother purple dew plant that is near it but not shaded as much that is doing the same thing. They have been in the ground since late April but were not sexually mature yet. Then as soon as they got like 4 feet tall they started flowering. But they are in the ground so I can't move them. Sony think at the end of the month when the light hits it's peak hours that they will revert?

4. I haven't grown outdoors in a few seasons so I can't speak from experience, but I can say that I have been reading that this is happening to a lot of growers this year. Many people are having plants flowering early and reverting back to veg. My suggestion would be to just try to minimize the stress, and when it's in full on veg again it shouldn't be too big of a deal. You might get a little delay in growth though.

5. #5 ThePlantDocta, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012
    [quote name='"morange"']I haven't grown outdoors in a few seasons so I can't speak from experience, but I can say that I have been reading that this is happening to a lot of growers this year. Many people are having plants flowering early and reverting back to veg. My suggestion would be to just try to minimize the stress, and when it's in full on veg again it shouldn't be too big of a deal. You might get a little delay in growth though.[/quote]

All I can think to do to help it is a constant dose of light N organic fertilizer to help it figure it out. I will post a picture after this reply

Attached Files:

6. I'd hit it hard with N and starve it of P and K..

7. [quote name='"mike trich"']I'd hit it hard with N and starve it of P and K..[/quote]

I have some Alaska fish sauce that can be used with every watering. I think I'll hit them with that every other day. This is a first for me and it will definitely be a learning experience. I think this is my 3rd grow outside. This kind of problem is easy to fix indoors. But outdoors it seems like its going to take a whole lot longer to correct itself

8. funny you say fish sauce, last year I had flowered early and I was using age old grow formula has fish emulsion in it, thats when I quit using that stuff..

9. [quote name='"mike trich"']funny you say fish sauce, last year I had flowered early and I was using age old grow formula has fish emulsion in it, thats when I quit using that stuff..[/quote]

You think the fish emulsion maybe had something to do with flowering early?!!!

10. I'm no expert but the guy at the hydro store last year urged me to get away from it..

11. I'm using fish emulsion to revert mine it seems to be working so far iv been doing doses every other day for about 2 weeks and I'm getting some stretching put the bud growth just takes forever to revert and stretch out. If anyone has any knowledge about fish emulsion being bad let me know the facts or just why you know please!

12. [quote name='"dfcbenfica77"']I'm using fish emulsion to revert mine it seems to be working so far iv been doing doses every other day for about 2 weeks and I'm getting some stretching put the bud growth just takes forever to revert and stretch out. If anyone has any knowledge about fish emulsion being bad let me know the facts or just why you know please![/quote]

I started another thread to find out. Go to my profile and search my threads. A lot of people have a lot of different things to say about it

13. [quote name='"mike trich"']I'm no expert but the guy at the hydro store last year urged me to get away from it..[/quote]

Well the guys at the hydro store also know that fish emulsion Is much cheaper and leaves them less profit margin. Hate hydro shops man

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thnx plant doc! I am going to continue with my fish emulsion thru veg since not all are flowering and I am getting results from application. And I second plan doc hydro stores don't want u to spend 10 times less for vegging nutes !!

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. [quote name='"dfcbenfica77"']Thnx plant doc! I am going to continue with my fish emulsion thru veg since not all are flowering and I am getting results from application. And I second plan doc hydro stores don't want u to spend 10 times less for vegging nutes !![/quote]

No problem. Did you get to see the thread?

16. Yea there isn't any definitive advice like you pointed out by the end and I'm just hoping I'm not ruining stuff by blasting them so much with the emulsion to get it reverted

• Like Like x 1
  17. [quote name='"dfcbenfica77"']Yea there isn't any definitive advice like you pointed out by the end and I'm just hoping I'm not ruining stuff by blasting them so much with the emulsion to get it reverted[/quote]

They are saying that emulsion is heat treated and therefore loses a lot of its natural values. But there is an alternative that is not treated witu heat and seems better. However the guy isn't telling me where to get it, cost comparisons, ect. Emulsion is cheap as fuck and still had a lot of natural values in it. It just lacks the oils and fungus. If it was side by side in the home depot isle for the same price I think it would be a better choice. But not so much if it's hard to find and more expensive!!!

18. I don't know why you are quoting me with a negative overtone, haven't you seen my shit? Its cool if you don't like my advice, but the plants you are showing look like shit to me..

19. #19 ThePlantDocta, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
    [quote name='"mike trich"']I don't know why you are quoting me with a negative overtone, haven't you seen my shit? Its cool if you don't like my advice, but the plants you are showing look like shit to me..[/quote]

What Is the deal with this site. Everyone thinks they are the king shit and tries to talk down to EACHOTHER when it's supposed to be a community of growers. Especially the organic section. Feel free to find your way off my threads. Nuff said

• Like Like x 1
  20. LOL @ nutes causing reveg (or flower for that matter).

OP fresian dew is an early flowering varitey, that's why she is being a pain in the ass

• Like Like x 1