flowering too early?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by spikeypunk, Aug 2, 2006.

1. i am on my first grow, just testing on one plant, and i'm 90% sure it is an afghan variety. today is the 4th week of it's flowering, and it is building up very well. but the plant has recently showed signs of being very close to harvest, when i thought it would prolong at least 2-4 more weeks. the stigmas are starting to brown, and the flowers are fattening up much larger than their origional size. i don't mind, as the plant has enough bud to satisfy me, but i'm just curious if this early of flowering is normal in a variety such as this. thanks

2. i got an afgan growing now i think it might be a hermie im not to sure though.

3. Only way to tell 100% for sure when ready to harvest is to use a microscope or something with at least 10x magnification. Greenbean, I would like to see pictures of this supposed hermie.

4. shes going in a week and a half into flowering and i saw on the top of the Afgan i saw two white pistils then i looked lower and saw lil green clusters starting to grow on the Potential bud spots.

5. it could be female and still have some male flowers. it happens sometimes when there are no males around. mine had a small handfull amongst the female flowers, maybe 10-15, but an exacto knife got them off without any coming back. where can i find a microscope like that?

6. If you live in the states just stop by a radio shack or some other lil electronics store.

7. Any pictures?