Flowering time?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dopeshow, Mar 31, 2013.

1. When the seedbank says a strain takes 'x' number of days to flower, do they mean days from the flip to 12/12 or from the first appearance of flowers/pistils? I'm closing in on harvest in the next few weeks, and I'd like to time it perfectly so I have the next batch of clones ready to put in the flowering area.

Thanks in advance,
    DS.:smoking:

2. They mean from the time you start your 12/12... and if your gonna take clones your gonna wanna do that before you start flowering (12/12) good luck how many you got?

3. #3 Freeborn, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2013
    That is incorrect all flower times are set from the first sign of flower

you can take clones as far as one week in this is my opinion as I do this to fill my trays full not all the girls make it all the time makes me sad face
    Lol

Sent from iPhone 5

4. That's cool, means harvest is coming earlier. I have mother plants so I take clones when I want them, but this is my first batch of clones that's approaching harvest. I just want to have another batch ready to put into flower without any down time. Thanks for the reply.

5. OK, that's one vote for the 12/12, one vote for the pistils. Maybe I should have set up a poll.

6. Lol

Sent from iPhone 5

7. Mother to cut is the way to go and if you have enough time and space get 2 sets of girls under the hps to get more frequent harvest :p

8. Yeah I'm just now have my last tray in the flower room and then I'm shutting down for the summer

Sent from iPhone 5

9. #9 Buffalo11024, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2013
    start your count when pistils develop. you shouldn't cut by day ever. buy a scope and check your trichomes. Scope will come in handy identifying pests as well.

10. start counting after you switch to 12/12 and see pistils developing everywhere. remember if you veg a plant for a long time it can start shooting pistils out before 12/12 so in that case you still have about a 7 day transition period after switching to 12/12 until you start to see rapid calyx/pistil production.

then on the other hand if you start a plant flowering straight from seed, it could take a month on 12/12 before you see the plant start to take off flowering... then you start the count. never trust what the "websites" say anyway...learn to tell signs of a mature plant/bud. lots of breeders will say their stuff finishes in 50-55days..but they also could have different phenotypes that take 60-70days. of course they are going to sell you on the 50-55 day pheno instead of listing it as a 10week flowering plant. i barely keep track at all of how long they flower..they are done when they are done :)

11. Word ^^

Sent from iPhone 5

12. Looks like it's safe to say I need to add a week to 10 days from 12/12 to the 60-65 days that Attitude claims. Gives me a little more time to take clones and more time for my buds to grow.