Flowering time issues, help?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tokin Black Guy, Feb 4, 2011.

1. This past spring I ordered some Purple Power seeds from Dutch Passion seed company for an outdoor grow. The plants did well outdoors and turned purple very quickly. Except for 3 of them... 3 of them kept growing vertically and never turned purple... The female hairs were late to show up and I was forced to kill them after they began reaching heights of 7+ feet (1galon pots). My girlfriend has since cloned the lot and brought them indoors to my aeroponic system.
    I am having the SAME problem now. The clones turned out to be ONLY these beasts and NONE of the purple ones. Id this some type of weird mutant phenotype I've stumbled upon? Now I have these animals in my grow room just DOMINATING over my other indicas and taking way too long to mature.

I have managed to top the hell out of her and bend her like a gymnast but even that will only slow the maturity time. I put these two girls into flower on Nov. 11th the rest of her indica peers were harvested Jan. 11th... Here it is Feb. 3rd and she is STILL growing white hairs, granted the amber to white hair ratio is about 20/80 it is taking forever...

Does anyone have an explanation of this? Is it common to get a weird monstrous phenotype that refuses to turn purple or slow down?

The first picture you can see her on the right compared to blueberry flowering on the left...

Attached Files:

2. Hi the toking black guy,

If the original plants were not turning purple, chances are the clones wouldn't turn purple. It like with parents and their kids, sometimes two brown haired people can have a red head. You probably just got a different phenotype from your genetics. In my experience the more expensive the seeds, the more homogeneous the seeds. Were the purple power seeds expensive?

I have had plants which refuse to stop growing, I have noticed it usually when I over trim them and they compensate by sprouting new growth out the top.

Looks good though.

ps. did you hook up that headband from reserva?

3. i've seen GDP and Purps and Purple Kush before.. with no Purple..