Flowering Thoughts

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hatgurlz28, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Insead or running my hps lamp 12 hrs on 12 hrs off could I run it 6 hrs on 6 hrs off, would this work? Has anyone tried this? Expert growers any advice on this? All info is appreciated.

2. Thanks woody! I guessed I would have ended up with a bunch of Hermies!! That wouldn't be good.

3. Okay woody, i got another question. would it help or hurt in any way to put a circular light around the base of the plant? i am not sure what kind of light it is at the moment but any input from you is much appreciated.

4. That circular flourescent,,unless your grow is flourescent,,will not help much..If using HID,,the intensity of the light penetrating the canopy will for the most part drown out the low light intensity emitted from the flouro.

[​IMG]

5. alright I have a question woody.. Im growing DWC under 2 400w MH and the plants quite bushy, so light doesnt penetrate very deep. I was thinking of attaching a couple banks of flouro's on the side walls(closet), so the lower sides of the plants should get bathed in flouro light. Worth the effort? Will it help during flowering?

6. If you are worried about lower branches not receiving enough light, try trimming a few of the big fan leaves out of the way to allow more light penetration.