Flowering Sensitivity To START Flowering?

Discussion in 'General' started by GrowQs, Oct 21, 2019.

1. What is it even called that makes some plants start flowering outdoors earlier than others?

Growing outdoors in the north I think this is probably the most important criteria to select for because I need strains that will START flowering about as early as possible so they can finish in time to beat the bud rot as it gets too cold and wet going into the fall..

What is their to know about this subject?

Strain information is so concentrated on indoor growing that "flowering times" only really tell how long flowering takes but not WHEN flowering will start under outdoor light conditions..

2. Most of the strains will give you information that's not day specific but more time of year specific. Let me see if I can find a picture of some seeds I have that day this!

If you look at the info for the Flo and Blueberry, it says 'Early October outdoor to end of November near the 45th"

So if you're near the 45th parallel that is when you can expect to harvest the flower.

Outdoor has so many different variables than indoor does! Indoor you can controll everything but outdoor nature is in control. That's why breeders can't be that specific with flowering times!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ha, so basically "Do not grow this anywhere near the 45th", lol..

I need stuff that will FINISH in september or very early October at the latest..
    November? Fahgettaboudit...

It is Oct 21 and has snowed twice this fall already..

4. If youre above the 45th it is most likely going to finish earlier.

I'm here in Michigan (a little below the 45th) and the people who I know that grew Blueberry and Flo outside harvested in Late September/Early October. I have never heard of End of November around here. That would never be possible unless they wanted buds covered in snow

5. short stuff auto is the fastest I've ever grew

2 weeks and smokeable but is tiny

better for you to study stain specifics a lot closer

as you will have about 6 months of summer-ish weather

so start earlier as I'm way past 45 degrees

good luck

6. The only reason DJ Short puts end of November is because he is located in NE Oregon near the 45th parallel and he grows all his strains outdoors for the most part

7. I'm 44.9 in the Snowbelt..

8. Yeah you'll definitely have plants finishing very late September/early October.

I went to an event with DJ Short the other week here in Michigan and a bunch of the people brought him flower from his strains they grew outdoors. And that event was 1.5 weeks ago so they would've had to harvest pretty early.