Flowering season finally. Lots of pics.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by scrd, May 20, 2010.

1. I started the season off with a Mazar clone and two Blue Dream clones. a few weeks ago, I added several mystery seeds including some Mendocino Madness seeds. I now have 7 seedlings and three ready to flower plants growing. half of the seedlings are above my box and under a t5 awaiting buyers to transplant them. Assuming they don't get purchased, they'll be thrown down into my box come tomorrow night when I start on 11 dark, 13 light cycle.
    Check it out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Really?
    No one has anything to say?
    Come on guys.

3. May I ask why your lights are under the plants?

4. Yeah, get the light OVER the leaves.

5. I have very few options as far as adjustable lighting goes, and I'd heard that low light fixtures from beneath the plants aren't necessarily a bad thing. It's the best option I have until I start flowering and can decide where the permanent fixtures will be in what's going to become a flowering stage only box.
    Any guess on what I'm looking at as far as yield goes?

6. You'll notice if you look that leaves are greener on the top side than the bottom. That's because most of the chloroplasts are on the top of the leaf. Your plants will absorb more light if it shines on top of them. Not to mention cannabis is an apexical plant meaning it wants to grow up to the light with one bud (think christmas tree) Having light coming from below really confuses the plant.

But, it's not like it won't work.

It's way to early to tell yield yet, and even if it was the day before the chop, you might get some good guesses, but that's all they're going to be is guesses.

7. Whoever told ya about bottom lighting is pullin your chain. It's BS.

They need to be closer to the light cuz they are stretching.

WAY to early to guess yield.

8. haha yea bottom lighting is trivial, like when you have a nice sea of green going, no light will even penetrate to the bottom at all

9. I put a shower curtain pole through my box and suspended the lights like that above the plants. Looks way better now.
    So this is the plan:
    I'm changing my timer over to flower tonight.
    Before I do that though, I'm transplanting all the seedlings into 1 gallon pots and getting them setup in the flower chamber with all the mature plants. It's basically gonna be like flower from seed with a couple weeks of a vegetative head start.
    What does a pant that's grown flower from seed usually average as far as yield?

I know I'm a little eager on the yield thing, but I'm stoked on my first harvest.
    Is it unrealistic to think I'm gonna yield over or around a QP from 10 plants, even in 6 of them aren't mature yet?
    The strains are blue dream, mazaar and Mendocino madness. I've got around 220 watts of CFL plus a T5, that's the best I can do until next season when I upgrade to a HPS.

10. Lots of variables come into play when estimating yield.
    Depending on size of the plant, you can get 2-3oz easy. Thats a small plant by some(most) standards.

If you are growing smaller plants in a cab, yield will be less.

11. did u top? going to lst? or do both?

12. I topped all of the adults, but only once. The babies are all natural.