Flowering room advice needed...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Priest1129, Feb 11, 2010.

1. I have built a 5ft wide 5ft deep 6ft tall flowering room. I have a 1000w HPS lamp(air cooled), and as many Cali Hash clones as my heart desires. I'm looking for some advice on how many plants I should flower at a time. I am more inclined to go with fewer plants and let them bush out, but I'm open to hearing arguments for other methods. I currently have 4 plants in 5 gallon buckets in a 50/50 perlite/soil mix in my veg room. They are about 8 to 10 inches under CFL's. My question is, how can I utilize my dimensions, equipment, strain, etc...? Should I just bush out 4 or 5 plants at a time ? Any help would be appreciated.....

2. Iam not sure how much stretch your girls will give you but with a room 6ft tall and a light hanging in there you max working height for plants is about 3 1/2 ft. and that height may cause a lot of shadow. With a 5 gallon planter, you may want to get them girls in flower at 1 ft tall or even less, I would add plants at 2-3 week intervals so you can watch what they do before you just fill the room. LST is gonna be helpfull.

3. you should look into scrog screens. I have 4 plants in a 4x2.5x8 space. the screen gives them individual spaces for each cola, so it can bush out and as it stretches you direct it to the spot you want it to go. Once fully stretched you'll have a canopy of colas. So you could do alot in a small space. Picture for example. it wouldnt let me repost my pictures but i found this one. I wouldnt suggest putting as many in this small area as the picture shows. but you can get the jist.