flowering questions...couldn't find an answer

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by get5007, Oct 22, 2008.

1. I was wondering the soonest one can start flowering a plant. Can you flower right off the bat and get a small amount of relatively quick bud?

2. You can start the lighting process for flowering as early as you want, but a plant will not start to flower until its sexually mature.
    Some people choose to go from 12/12 from start to try to do so.

3. #3 smokyeyes, Oct 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2008
    right off the bat meaning from seed? you would probally get a snap... the more time and care the more you get and it wont flower til its mature so you also have to wait for that

4. From seed? Gonna take 2-3 weeks(with great lighting) of growing before it will even think about flowering. But you can put it into 12/12 right off the bat if you want. Then you gotta wait for it to finish. 7-20 weeks depending on whatever strain you got. Just dont grow anything with Haze in it, if you want it quick.

Rooted clones? they will start to flower pretty much instantly after 12/12 has been started.

In summary:

From seed 3 months mininum

From clone 2 months mininum.

5. 12/12 from seed does not save alot of time.

veg 24/0 for three weeks then switch to 12/12. they will show sex the same as 12/12 from seed. 30 day ish. Just more light and alittle farther along when they show sex.

GL:smoking:

6. definitely do that. You'll get more.

7. i plant can be flipped to 12/12 and actually show signs of sex once the cotyledans (pad leaves) fall off correct me on the name if i'm wrong but i have two i am doing that with right now and they're only like 4 inches tall shooting white hairs all over