Flowering Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WV_24, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Will two 300w UFO led lights be enough for flowering two plants?

2. Probably not

3. Only if you want zero THC or yeild.

4. Ok, Well any suggestions on what light I should get?

5. Cheap hps,hid or an led light that isn't a ufo

6. You can use what you have but suppliment them with something else, if you want to stick with led get one that has a veg and bloom switch.theres also some 400-600 watt hps kits on eBay for around $150

7. #7 powersgenty, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Don't listen to these light snobs, you can absolutely get amazing plants off just two 300W LED panels. It bothers me that so many so-called pros on this website tell beginners to buy the best lights and soil and this and that, when it's not necessary at all for beginners. I'm on my 4th grow and using dollar store soil, tap water, and fox farms nutes once a week this time around.

I use one of these lights

and one of these

Only one of the lights I use is 300W (not actual wattage btw, doesn't matter though), no fancy veg/flower switch either. Using those lights in my last grow, I got an ounce off of each of the plants that I'd grown over just a two month period. Don't be dissuaded by cheaper LED lights because they don't have a fancy name brand, they work very well. Also, it should be noted that I use 12/12 light cycle from beginning to end, so I got great results while not even using the cheaper LED lights to their full potential!

previous grow: 2017-01-28_20-33-41_34.jpg 2017-01-28_20-34-05_736.jpg 2017-01-28_20-34-40_727.jpg

current grow: 2017-03-15_07-36-48_505.jpg

8. It's up to you if you want your plants to look like that or like this image.jpeg Lights make a difference , but believe what you want

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not as much as you're leading on. the only difference between your plants and mine is veg time, which mine don't have (micro-grow).

10. My plants were only in veg 5 weeks some 4, not that long. Think about it, besides water and nutrients, what makes a plant grow...light, duh. More light = more bud...

11. 5 weeks veg makes a huge difference compared to a plant with no veg, and as with nutrients, you can overdo it with lights. Most people know not to keep lights too close to their plants or risk burning them, but you can also bleach your plants by giving them too much light.

12. Having more light doesn't mean you need to burn them, I watch my temps, rh, ph, ppm, ec carefully. Having more lights at the right distance, and good nutes create more buds. I've never had problems with bleaching, temps or my nutes. IMG_1436.JPG IMG_1438.JPG IMG_1451.JPG IMG_1452.JPG IMG_1510.JPG

13. I have an auto that popped 3 weeks ago, is already 1 week flowering and is still bigger than that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Idk what the difference between the UFO and LED panel is nor do I care so I say try it out and let us know how it works. I seen some nice ass results from cfls here so I wouldn't be suprised if it works for you.

15. hypocritical? light snob? that's rude.

Lo$t in the $auce
    Violeta Dwc Mars 300 (Purp Grow)

16. It'll work for sure. These four plants yielded approx. a zip each under a 300 w LED. I personally like the option of using less power. [​IMG]

17. Just realized I had already taken one of them for harvest in that pic. Either way, an ounce off of one plant is a good target for that light. Obviously lots of other factors go into the final yield, but I'd say that's a good ballpark estimate.

18. Nice looking canopy. I agree with the less power statement. Im currently running the lights overnight as the electric company gives you credit if you waste less electricity during peak hours. I'm also vegging some plants that aren't ready for flower and I give them natural sunlight during the day then place them in the tent overnight so they get around 20 hours of light.

• Like Like x 1
  19. That's a good idea, if I had an outdoor area that was away from prying eyes, I'd have to try that out. Also really cool that your electric co promotes conservation at least a little.

20. Awesome I'll try it out! These are my plants 46 days into Veg under just one 300w led! First grow

Attached Files: