Flowering question....

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Stockmarket, Nov 29, 2016.

1. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg hey so I have 1 big kush (back left) og kush (back right) and front two are purple afghan kush. They are on day 17 of flower and they really haven't done much except stretch all doubling in size so far but no buds yet. Everything look normal? This is my first go at it so any suggestions/ constructive criticism is welcome

2. 12/12 ? bloom nute s? temp good ? hydro ?

3. Changed it to 11/13 yesterday to try and promote flowering. GH line and yes bubble buckets. Temp 77 30-40 humidity

4. Well they look fine to me....might have some "sativa dominant" strains in there.............which means its gonna take them 10+ weeks to mature....meaning it'll be a "slow transformation" thats how I SEE IT anyway

5. Wait one more factor that could actual matter here more than I thought.... I have still been taking off bottom branches and taking off fan leaves. Should I stop doing this? And also there is a vent flap that I keep open at "night" and there a 600w mh running on the opposite side but maybe somehow some light is still getting through? Advice or suggestions greatly appreciated thanks

6. Well IT FOR SURE DOES AFFECT the plant......simoly due to the fact that the "HUGE" surface area fan leaves provide for photosynthesis.....each fan leaf you cut off is that much more "ability to grow" you take along with it.....THATS HOW I THINK OF IT anyway

• Like Like x 1
  7. I just did a defoliation run, and it honestly increased my yields. That's my opinion on that. Also my hash bomb was the slowest to flower, finished with the rest and yielded just as much as there others. 17 isn't that long. 10 days of transition before you start seeing anything really happen. Good luck

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

8. Yeah everything in veg went so smooth and everything looks really good so I think I'm just overthinking/being impatient

9. Just a quick update thanks for all the help they have kicked into gear! Btw the back left is a Dinafem Big Kush that was 15" when I flipped and now it's 37''! Goes to show Dinafem ain't lying when they say it has a 2-3X stretch! image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. They look great man! Keep up the good work!

11. IMG_0464.JPG IMG_0465.JPG IMG_0466.JPG Thank you. This is them perked up a couple hours later

Attached Files:

12. Yea, 1st week of flower is an adjustment period. Start your count down after that week.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Oh well for the first 2 weeks of 12/12 I was leaving the tent door open next to the 600mh! So how do u calculate that one sir? Haha there's probably not an answer for such a dumb thing but yeah I guess I'll start counting after it had been a week of 12/12 not 12/mh lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 MySativa, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2016
    Your plants look real good, that's the important part. Can't fix stupid lol, at least you figured it out. My two rooms are completely separate just for that reason. I know some people are limited with space though.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. So now, since the light problem slowing things down, I don't know exactly what day it is but can u tell me by these pics around where I'm at if ya don't mind? I'm thinking it's around day 21 but I don't know much IMG_0475.JPG IMG_0477.JPG IMG_0476.JPG

16. IMG_0505.JPG IMG_0507.JPG IMG_0506.JPG Just a lil snap shot update everything have stayed awesome here's a close up of my Purple Afghan Kush by dinafem....... frosting up nicely in week 4