flowering question, need help fast!!!please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Koder223R, May 28, 2008.

1. so heres the thing i have 4 healthy plants, 2 are Cali. cheese and 2 are mango, started from my very own feminized seed......i have worked with these to strains before but only outdoor, both strains have a strong odorwe moved and i have no back yard......im 17 and my parent allow me to keep them in the house as long as i keep the odor level down.....i dont have the money for a carbon filter so i am only flowering one plant but i only have one grow room......and i have a problem the light cycle in the grow room is 20/4....i take out the florwering plant wen my room gets dark enough...but one other plant has started budding and it stays in the 20/4 cycle all the time........so im starteding to wounder WOULD OTHER PLANTS START BUDDING IF THERE IS A FLOWERING PLANT IN THE SAME ROOM ??????????

2. no but u see preflowers after six weeks which are white hairs at the nodes

3. you should try to look into building your own carbon filter. I hear it's cheap like 30-40 bucks and they work wonders.:wave:

4. Yes, and everything can be found at Home Depot. You can get a 2"^2 flat of oder removal hvac filter. You then buy two metal screw tight bands, I don't remember what you call them; but you use them to seal hoses (like the radiator hose on your car). Make sure you buy them big enough to encircle a six inch pipe. Buy one endcap, and one six inch to 4 inch reducer, and some sturdy chicken wire with 1\4" screen size, and a pair of tin snips.

Wrap the chicken wire around the two six inch pieces and make your cut with a 1" overlap. Now use the hose clamp to secure the wire around the six inch end cap, and place the hvac filter into chicken wire cylender. You then use the other hose clamp to secure the wire to the six inch to four inch adapter, using either side you wish (if you are using a six inch duct, then put the 4 inch inside the filter and clamp the wire to the six inch portion, and vice-versa fo the 4 inch.)

After the initial material cost, you will have a 9$-10$ a month recurring cost to replace the hvac filter within. The recurring cost will lead to about 120$ give or take per year, basically the same as a filter but you don't have to pay that 120$ all at once.