Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Flowering Pure Sativa vs. Sativa/Indica Mix

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by purple kush7, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Hello all,

This is my first post on here and I was curious if there is anyway to tell between a pure Sativa strain vs. a Sativa/Indica mix. Obviously the Indica would influence the Sativa by shortening the plant and producing thicker leaves. The reason I am asking is for flowering times. Indicas range in the 8 or 9 week area and Sativas range in the 12 week area. Would a Sativa/Indica mix possibly be finished in 10 weeks?

2. Hybrids are a bit faster yes, but it depends entirely on the strain :)

3. Ah okay so that makes sense thanks piepgras.

I ask because my Sativa is 6 weeks into flowering at 4 feet tall. 600 W HPS and I used the tie down method tying down the top cola for a few weeks at the beginning. I do have a bush plant now, however the side branches are WAY taller than the top cola now and have more bud as well as have red hairs. I do not beleive my plant is done budding becuase it seems way to early for a sativa to be done. I am curious as to how long I should expect before I should pick these top buds or if i should wait for the buds that were suppose to be on the top cola (the one that was tied down) to be red before harversting all at once?