flowering problems....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jwilli, Apr 5, 2012.

1. so i started flower eight days ago and some of the bottom leaves of my plants are wilting and turn yellow. now its only the every bottom leaves nothing else is affected is this normal for them to be doing this?

also one of the plants is still stretching is this going to stop?
    :confused:

stats:
    hydro system- waters twice a day during the light cycle 15min each with drip tips.
    6 gallon res-of wore mixed with monster bloom
    organic soil
    250w hps
    12/12 run time
    4'x 2.5'x 5.5' room

2. whats the PH? do you have pics?

3. #3 roostaphant, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    Lol, the correct word is 'reservoir' - NOT trying to be a dick here, just don't want you to get flamed later..

Your plants should be ok though. If a leaf or two on the bottom is yellowing, just pinch/cut it off so the plant doesn't put energy into trying to revive it. Just make sure it's not nute burn/deficiency.

4. What size pots are you using? How tall are your plants? How old are they? What is the Ph (in/out)? Strength of nutes? Pests (look close)?

In the "Sick Plants and Problems" section, there's a template you should use when asking for help with plant issues. Post pics if you can. Just saying the leaves are yellowing/wilting isn't nearly enough information for anyone to help you really. Could be anything from nutrient deficiency to root-bound/rot etc.

5. that was a back handed way of telling someone to use the certain section for sick plants.ect. i just learned all these sites are the same they just want you to read what they wrote .lmao

6. If its overdose the tips will die on the fans and it'll spread upwards

7. Yellowig is totally normal and so is stretching I've had plants triple in size during flower

Just make sure you give nitro for the first couple weeks of flowering

8. [quote name='Mosuko']What size pots are you using? How tall are your plants? How old are they? What is the Ph (in/out)? Strength of nutes? Pests (look close)?

thanks for the help everyone.

i got three plants going in 3 gallon grow bags. i started flowering them at six weeks they where a 12" tall then. now 7 1/2 weeks in 1 1/2 weeks in to flower two of the plants have doubled but the one almost three feet now and its running room. should i tie it down or something?
    ive never checked ph and i only use distilled water
    as for the nuits it says its 0-50-30 whatever that means i just fallow the in detections it says 1tsp per 5 gallons i use 1tsp for every 6 gallons

as for the yellow leaves i have removed them.

9. whats nitro?

10. If you're running out of room, I'd probably train it a little. Shouldn't stretch a whole lot more though at this point.

And yeah, no nitrogen in those nutes may have caused the yellowing. I feed with a little N in the first week or so after switching. Not too much though as it will delay flowering.

Could also be pH, as you don't know what it's at. Different nutes will drop or raise the pH of the water, so you can never be certain unless you test it.