Flowering please help pics!!!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by needhelpyo, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Okay so ive been flowering for 6 weeks and to me the buds seem way too small. i even started adding more nuts. 400 watt hps- 12-12 light-bubble system- can i get some advice on what might help them grow? and how long should i flower for if its already been 6 weeks?

Attached Files:

2. You plant looks kinda skinny to start off, you should have done some training. But anyways look up the breed of your plant it should say a type of flowering time. Some plants can take up to 12 weeks. Anyways most of the bud growth happens in the last two weeks of flowering, so keep your eyes open

3. What are your TDS #'s?

If you have a switchable ballast (Lumatek for example) go to a 600 w HPS bulb.

4. #4 Private Stalk, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    kinda reminds me of a hermie. I have grown under 400w hps and you should be doing way better than that. Either light leak, hermie, or schwag bag seed and then this could just be the way it's genetics designed it to grow. I have had some shitty genes when breeding my strains. It's such a tossup.

Here is what makes me think hermie cuz I see these: (granted the pic is not great but)

Attached Files:

5. #5 Private Stalk, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    I can see the stipules curling down and looks like male ball sack grown on stem right by it. Could be wrong though. There is no way that is a pure strain (as in fem seed from breeder). That has to be bagseed. It just looks too funky. Not only in the buds but the leaves themselves and not in a deficiency kind of way. Just a retarded grow kinda way. Like you got the handicapped bagseed. lol

don't feel bad though as it has happened once to about every grower I know in person.

6. TDS? im not sure what that is. idl if im not giving enough nuts or not. i dont really measure it out . i kinda just learned by reading the plants. but i feel kinda stumped now. they just seem like they should be bigger by now.i read a tun before i started but there are so many diff ways.

7. TDS = Totally Dissolved Solids.

If you are doing hydro and you have no clue what that is, I suggest you go to soil.

If you read anything on hydro you should know what TDS is.

8. how far away is the light? What are the day/night temps?

9. First and major problem is what you said. You must learn what TDS is and monitor daily along with ph. You can get a decent cheap TDS meter off eBay.

10. really Jolly? "totally"?!?!? :) you idiot :D hahahhaha jk

11. Its a mutant plant its preatty common amongs growers to run into one or two mutants from time to time.

12. Fingers got carried away on the keyboard, my bad.

13. was the plant mature enough to flower when you switched it? perhaps you popped the timer a couple weeks early?

14. mook, you could flower from seed if you wanted to :)

15. sure, but don't most breeds have a certain age which they're ready to flower at? sort of like puberty for plants.

so say his plant is usually ready to flower in 4 weeks, if you flipped it to 12/12 at 2 weeks you'd simply be stunting it's growth for 2 weeks until it was mature enough to actually form the flowers?

so even though he may have had it at 12/12 for 6 weeks, maybe flowers only started budding 2 weeks into that, so the 6 weeks of flowering is really 2 weeks of vegging under the wrong schedule and 4 weeks of flowering under the correct schedule?

correct me if i need correcting of course

16. I'm with hellmutt on this one. leaves look green enough that it's not a nutrient issue. It's just a freak bro!

17. nope :) cannabis uses genetic markers that are activated by daylight hours, light spectrum, & temp to "figure out" what time of year it is and where it should be you procreate. We trick these plants using mostly daylight times and some color temp into thinking its the end of the year. The tricked plant doesnt care that its been vegging for 2 weeks or ten. When we tell it that the lights only around for 12 hours a day, they think its the end of the season and that they need to make baby MJs before the big bad winter comes and kills them all :) the lower color temp of HPS for example also helps trick the plant into thinking the end of days are coming :)

Ive seen people flower from seed/clone and have many many small plants and Ive seen people flower after 10 weeks of veg(this usually results in a plant so heavy it can barely stay up if at all). In the end, its up to the grower to switch to flower when they want to to fill the room HOW they want to :) hope this helps

18. #18 hellmutt boones, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
    Well just finish her cus i had some barneys acapulco gold that mutated and i finished her, i got some insane yeilds didnt look like it had any buds but after drying her the plant really resembled one of them swag weeds from yester years. So i finish cureing her and now i have to say its a one helluva strain!
    She has a real distinctive kick to her i give her an 8 out of 10! :hello:

19. Yes. This 'maturity' can be seen when the nodes start to become unsymetrical...usually after about 5-6 weeks, right about when preflowers show. Flowering before this will usually stunt the plant and reduce yields quite a bit.I've also noticed much more banana flowers when flowering plants before they're mature.

20. so i'm not wrong? or i am? i have ace420 telling me i'm wrong and bongsauce telling me i'm right.

ace i actually believe you're wrong here man. i know clones can be flowered at any point - the mother plant has already grown to maturity, which means any of her clones are mature enough to flower. but when you sprout a seed, you can't pop the seedling over to 12/12 and expect to see flowers any time soon. that just doesn't make sense to me.

i understand it's a photoperiod plant. i understand we can manipulate its reproductive cycle because of this, but i'm sure there's a genetically determined age that each plant has to reach before it can start producing flowers. that's just the way living organisms are on this planet. can't think of one critter that can sexually reproduce from the point of birth.