Flowering plants going into shock from movement

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 5thgear, Jul 26, 2010.

1. #1 5thgear, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010
    My plants are looking good, but they are falling over when I take them out of the tent to water.
    I randomly read in a thread that movement can put late flowering plants in shock and cause them to fall over. Im assuming this is my problem.
    The main stem bends over, and some of the branches hang low now.
    Of course im going to try my hardest to not move them anymore, but have I already damaged them too much already? or do they tend to recover from this?

Thanks

2. During my last grow, I removed my plants from the grow room to the kitchen for a through watering about once a week. The main cola never drooped but the branches did some. I did spray the entire plant so mine might have drooped due to the water. Check out my thread below. In the end, my plants turned out just fine. :)

Stepdude420

3. Well if your plant is falling over cause the buds are that big that's a good problem. If the pot you have them in is so small it keeps falling out that's a bad thing. Pots to small could lead to a rootbound plant.:eek: leading to stunted growth and drying out to often. I bet you should transplant .:) if it keeps falling over and it's stressed from being root-bound it might go hermie!:(

4. 3gal pots are fine right?
    Im thinking they are stressed from me moving them out of the tent because it didnt start till the 3rd week of flowering (they're just past 5weeks now)...they were fine in the tent, but when I picked them up and took them out they fell over.
    Hopefully I didnt freak them out too much...I have my fingers crossed.

5. My last grow, which I have pictures of on the thread below, were grown in 1.5 gal pots. The only thing that I really had to watch closely was watering. They tended to need a huge blast of water about every two days. Which in turn made me rework the fert applications because so much water was running through the plants. I went on vacation during that grow, was gone for 4 days. I had to leave them to fend for themselves. I litteraly soaked them before I left and when I returned they were just about as dry as a bone. I didn't loose any but I know the stress hurt my yield. Good luck my friend!:D

Stepdude420

6. I dont see the pics in that thread (of a finished grow)...ive been following that thread.
    Funny thing one of my strongest plants is as Blue Widow and its really falling over now.

7. I just noticed that broke a branch on one of the plants when I put them back in the tent. Its not completly broken off, but bent in the way a straw would bend if you tried to snap it. Would the plant be fine if I just left it like that? or should I cut it off?
    Ive read that you can make a splint to hold it together, but even if I did that the whole branch would fall due to the stress.

Im really just trying to make it out alive these last few weeks. I learned from my mistakes this grow.

8. You could tie off the main stems to bamboo rods to keep them steady.

Of course pictures are worth a 1000 words

9. Leave the branch alone and let mother nature heal or kill the branch. You might be quite suprised to see the branch heal with a couple more branches growing from it

10. Ductape! I have NEVER lost a branch this way.