Flowering plants dying!? New grower.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by etch3d, Jul 22, 2017.

1. I need help and fast.
    My plants are on week 4 of flower and they are dying I think. I have been giving them 3/4 strength nutes. ( advanced nutrients 3 part ).
    They are in soil that is pretty much like fox farm. Running a mars 1200. The temp is 78 and humidity 40. Using an exhale co2 bag. Tent is a 3x3. Plants are not looking good. Please help me.
    Pictures 1 thru 5 are the same plant. 6 thru 10 are the same plant. 11 thru 16 same plant. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

2. Bonus comparison picture to a healthy big plant [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

4. Do they need to be flushed or what ? Not sure what's happening

5. Appears to be a potassium (K) deficiency to me

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Anyone else

7. Whats your water ph? I am having the same problem..my mistake was not ph'ing my water down to 6.5 because potassium can lock out at around 7.0 or higher ph..

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

8. My first guess is a pH problem causing lockout. 3/4 nutes shouldn't cause this.

What is your pH?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Feed them at 6.3 to 6.5 ph

10. It looks like a slight a slight nitrogen and cal/magnesium deficiency. But I'm not sure on that just my first thought. Could be a lot of things depending on your environmental factors

11. Temps and humidity have been solid idk. You sure they are not nute burned?

12. What you are experiencing is senescence. Just as the leaves on trees either change yellow, purple, or red in the fall. It's perfectly normal. I wait until my whole plant fades then wait another week to make sure it's flushed of nutrients.

13. It's progressing pretty quick.

14. I'm only week 4 of flower.

15. Picture 6 is the second plant which is getting light in color almost yellow ish

16. The first one has the burnt looking tips and fan else edges.

17. The third plant has the purple and weird looking leaves I'm not sure if they're all suffering from different things but I'm just trying to help them

18. What about post number 4 those leaves? That must be a deficiency? Are the burnt tips from nute burn? Do they need a flush?

19. Hmm well you could try to taper back on the nutrients and see if that helps because it's easier to add more nutrients to soil than to flush them out. But it looks like your already getting pretty strong flower development regardless. I don't think it will be detrimental to the plant. Ph is in a good range. Do you feed it nutrient water every feeding? How many times a week to you water? Over watering can lock out nutrients and make it harder for the plant to metabolize the nutrients present thus the plant suffers and it's hard to distinguish if it's actually nutrient deficient or just unable to use the nutrients present waiting to be absorbed.
    Also could be a simple trip to the hydro store and picking up a bottle of cal mag

20. Feed them once every 4 to 5 days. Not sure if that's too much