Flowering plant!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mr Chilled, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Hey GC ive just made this setup 2day. ive got 2 lamps with 2 2700k bulbs on it the whole closet is lined with tin foil and theres a small oscelating fan in the bottom any comments/tips are much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. If the closet was already white the foil it is probably a waste. Get those lights down way closer to the plant, and you want about 100w worth of power for the first plant. Otherwise it's not too shabby. Good luck.

3. Ditch the aqua globe.

And yeah lower those lights, and tin foil isnt good you should invest in some mylar, 30$ get you some good 2Mil thick 25 x 4 I think.

4. ok lets say thats the lowest the lights will go will it make the plant die or just slow the flowering process?

5. grab some string and hang them lower. I think it comes down to this... do you want :( or :smoking:

6. Ha! i managed ta get the light lower but its wierd cuz in the foto it looks way higher than it actually is
    do you think ma plant will do good?

Attached Files:

7. Yeah. It looks streched though...

how many ACTUAL watts do you have?

8. I've read tin foil is bad, as it creates hot spots on your plant.

If you go to your local Wal Mart and go to the outdoor section they have

emergency blankets for like 2 bucks...they're pretty big, and they reflect well.

As for the CFLs you should get more of those.. two just wont cut it as it gets older

Good luck on your grow though :D

9. And if your in flowering... then you need 2700k (Soft White) bulbs

not the 6500k.

6500k = Veg

2700k = Flower

10. It really pays to read up on what you're doing before you attempt to do it. It's too late for that now though.

-Lose the tin foil, quick

-Get more light and get it closer, your plant is stretching.

-Lose the globe, you want the plant to be totally dry in between waterings.

READ THE STICKY'S!!!!!

I would personally ditch that plant, get educated on this stuff and then start again. You are going to run into all kinds of things you are not prepared for. Not being harsh, just realistic.

11. You need to raise your plants up with books or something, then get yourself like 4 or 5 more lights with that big or space the more lights the better.

12. The plants will stretch a lot. If you can't bring the mountain to Mohammad, raise the plants.

13. you could try rigging the lights, or if you have something like a milk-crate or something to raise the pot up :confused_2:

14. Thanx for the tips guys
    the plant has been growing outside on the porch for about 3 months i havnt dun anything to it i just kinda planted it and let it do its thing nd now ive just tried ta do this.

ohwell if it dies ill start again but ill research sum more b4 i try again

ive moved the plant up nd now its aboug 13-15 cm away from the light i hope it helps

im gonna go buy i new light and bulb now